Home Ratings & Reviews

San Cristobal Elegancia

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Smoked my first one of these today and it was dee-licious!! Hard for me to choose between it and the Oliva MB III. Both d@mn fine smokes.

Comments

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    I added one to my order the other week with Tim, beautiful looking cigar construction wise, just waiting to put a few more months on it and then smoke it
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I agree! I reviewed this one a couple weeks back... The Elegancia, CAO OSA and LGC Retro were all in the same boat for me... The Elegancia had more balance to me and was just a little more interesting... One of the best looking cigars I've had as well...
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    robbyras:
    I agree! I reviewed this one a couple weeks back... The Elegancia, CAO OSA and LGC Retro were all in the same boat for me... The Elegancia had more balance to me and was just a little more interesting... One of the best looking cigars I've had as well...

Those are three of my favorite cigars, currently. I've really developed a taste for that sort of medium-bodied profile.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    I added one to my order the other week with Tim, beautiful looking cigar construction wise, just waiting to put a few more months on it and then smoke it
    I grabbed one at the B&M 5 weeks ago. I need to get it out and do a review on it.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Stephen hooked me up with one of these and seeing this thread reminds me I need to get around to smoking it
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Slight necrothread here... Im thinking about picking up some of these in the corona size. I love em in the robusto, can anyone tell me how they compare? Or at least tell me how the corona specifically was? Excited but a little nervous, as I havent had the greatest luck with coronas of anything in general...

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Stick with the robusto. The Clasico is the best vitola of the line by far. Same goes for the standard San Cristobal. They blend in that vitola and work out from there. So the Clasico is the best representation of the blend. I talked to an Ashton rep about it and he agreed. And then he informed me about them using the robusto for the standard to blend with.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Thanks T, much appreciated!

• boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    BigT06:
    Stick with the robusto. The Clasico is the best vitola of the line by far. Same goes for the standard San Cristobal. They blend in that vitola and work out from there. So the Clasico is the best representation of the blend. I talked to an Ashton rep about it and he agreed. And then he informed me about them using the robusto for the standard to blend with.
    Thats really interesting.

I could be wrong, and actually don't remember where I heard it from, but I was under the impression that most cigars are blended using coronas, so thats a really interesting little nugget of info you got form that rep regarding the san cristobal line that these guys use the robusto to blend. Thats good to know. thanks for sharing Todd. I have some sort of pigtail corona extra of the original blend San Cristobal at home thats been sitting there for a while now. Need to visit soon that and see how it differs.
    boydmcgowan:
    BigT06:

I could be wrong, and actually don't remember where I heard it from, but I was under the impression that most cigars are blended using coronas, so thats a really interesting little nugget of info you got form that rep regarding the san cristobal line that these guys use the robusto to blend. Thats good to know. thanks for sharing Todd. I have some sort of pigtail corona extra of the original blend San Cristobal at home thats been sitting there for a while now. Need to visit soon that and see how it differs.
    is it a corona extra or a lancero? The SC lancero is one of the finest cigars of all time, IMHO.
    BigT06:
    boydmcgowan:
    BigT06:

is it a corona extra or a lancero? The SC lancero is one of the finest cigars of all time, IMHO.
    dang, just noticed this reply. Sorry for being 4 days late here, brother.

So its definitely not a traditional lancero size. Tim didn't tell me which one it was in the order. I just told him to suprise me with 5 long and skinnys for $X and he threw that one in, along with a few others. So looking at Ccoms list it looks to be the Guajiro, which is 6.6" and mid 40s ring. Definitely has a pig tail cap though, no clue on if the guajiro has that but the dimensions look right. I know SC made some limited lanceros that we're the traditional 7.5 x 38 that I've seen in samplers with some LADCs. Definitely not that one.

We'll see how it is. I've been sitting on it for close to a year so its about freaking time I burned that little F'er. I might do some studying tonight and if I do I might just burn that SOB. Cigars have been few and far between for me this year but thats the way it goes sometimes.
    The limited lancero that came with the LADC lanceros are the ones I was talking about that I personally feel may be one of the finest cigars ever... if you had one of them, I was gonna offer you my car as a trade. lol

the vitola that you got is very good as well. Enjoy that bad boy!
    right on Todd.

I smoked the Guajiro last night and it was a high quality cigar as you'd expect from DPG, and I do love me some DPG, but this is my second SC and it just isn't my flavor profile. I mean it's good, and I liked almost everything, its got a ton of flavor in a real delicate silky format, where I got a lot of fruity and leathery flavors, a bit of spice, but really not much in comparison to most DPGs, but there was this saltyness to it in the background that was very unique and well balanced, but wasn't for me. I nubbed the little f'er, so its not like I didn't enjoy it but I just don't love em.

So here's the deal, the next time and SCs land in my humi I'm sending them your way. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Lanceros too. I swear I've seen some but I don't remember where.