Home Cigar 101

Cigar oasis ultra

Just curious if it actually is worth buying, or am I just better off with humidified gel pack

Comments

• What type of enclosure are you trying to humidify
  • Just 100 ct desktop
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    beads....heartfelt or conservagel...
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Diamondog:
    beads....heartfelt or conservagel...
    ++++++++...You should probqably not bother with one of those unless you've got a pretty big cabinet, the beads will be the best you can use.
  • Right on. Thank you
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I haven't heard the greatest things about the Ultra. If you're into "set it and forget it", I'd suggest Boveda packs. The 69% or 72% packs will set your RH damn near perfect.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Not to do a thread hijak, but I am trying to decide on an electronic humidifier for the cabinet I built(reconstructed-32x19x17) any particular models recommended?
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Not to do a thread hijak, but I am trying to decide on an electronic humidifier for the cabinet I built(reconstructed-32x19x17) any particular models recommended?
    I've seen some of the really high end cabinets with both temp and humidity control; you might want to look at some of those units and research their devices.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I have a 3000 so it says cabinet. I don't have one of those guys and I keep good levels. I had a bunch of beads left and am using them. I've got them in every level of the thing with two little fans. Works well.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    phobicsquirrel:
    I have a 3000 so it says cabinet. I don't have one of those guys and I keep good levels. I had a bunch of beads left and am using them. I've got them in every level of the thing with two little fans. Works well.
    I have thought about just getting another lb or 2 of beads and putting them in more locations...its just not quite big enough for electronic but it wouldnt hurt. How do you have your fans powered?
    I Have two electric outlets in there but only use one as the fans don't require much power. I have four computer 120mm fans on the bottom and top of the humi that move air around. I have them tied to a push button. I turn them on every so often
    edit
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Don't mean to jack your thread, but I REALLY like my Paradigm humidifier. It keeps my 40-ct humi in top shape.