Home Cigar 101

Just introducing myself

Hello everyone, this is my first post here, just signed up tonight. First, I want to say it's going to be a pleasure getting to know everybody, and want to thank everyone in advance for all the help to the questions I will be asking while here. I am new to cigars, and have very little knowledge of anything, especially storage. I usually buy one with intentions if smoking it that day, so storage isn't anything I have ever dealt with. Any help and tips is greatly appreciated. I won't just come out and ask every question I have, because there are probably several new guys that have already asked them, and should be able to find it here already.

So far, my favorite cigar is a Nub Habano 460, I like the fuller flavored ones better. Any suggestions about what to try is also appreciated.

A little about myself, I am 39 and live in western Colorado. I have several interests including golf, hunting, fishing, and archery.

Again, thank you all for everything, I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. Merry Christmas and God Bless.

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome brother glad your here, hang around a bit and you'll learn everything you need to know right here.
    check out 101 thing all noobs should know.
  • Welcome! A lot of good people here, you did the right thing tonight.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Welcome brosif
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome aboard
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and enjoy!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Rhamlin:
    Welcome brother glad your here, hang around a bit and you'll learn everything you need to know right here.
    check out 101 thing all noobs should know.
    Thank you sir, already read it, a wealth of useful information for anybody, especially us rookies. Thank you everyone else for the welcome as well.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Welcome, this is a great place!!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Leon.. It's good to have you here. Feel free to ask anything,someone will always answer.
  • Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    Welcome, this is the place if your looking to begin the lifestyle of Cigars. Before you know it you will have storage and lots of it. Once you start it just builds.
  • About seasoning a humidor, I understand that it's basically bringing it up to proper temperature and humidity before filling it up with cigars, am I right?
  • I found the humidor I want on this site. The Evanston Colonial humidor. I think it would look great with the furniture in my house. Anybody know anything about it? Good or bad choice?
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I use Crystal Hot Sauce to season my, oops, that's gumbo.
    Yes. Wipe it clean with distilled water, close it, let it get up to 80ish for a while, you're good to go. You can read more specific descriptions in the Cigar 101 section.
    Welcome
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Welcome to the forum!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and Merry Christmas to you too.
  • TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    TO THE MADNESS!!!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, from one newbie to another!!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Welcome. these folks are good people.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard to the forums, you can find good friends here!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to you sir, glad to have you here.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome. Grab a chair.