Home Ratings & Reviews

Info on Griffins please!

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
So my wife just totally surprised me and blew me away with a The Griffins' LE 2011 and The Griffins' LE 2007 Tubo... I know the info from Ccom, but I am really looking to get a full story and as in depth knowledge on the tobacco, how these came to be, rarity, etc etc since I really know VERY little about these... especially the 2007 Tubo... Thank you!!!
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    So my wife just totally surprised me and blew me away with a The Griffins' LE 2011 and The Griffins' LE 2007 Tubo... I know the info from Ccom, but I am really looking to get a full story and as in depth knowledge on the tobacco, how these came to be, rarity, etc etc since I really know VERY little about these... especially the 2007 Tubo... Thank you!!!
    The Griffin's Special Edition XIII
    5 1/4 inches in length with a ring gauge of 52
    Dominican Republic with Connecticut Ecuadorian sun grown wrappers, San Vicente binders, and a blend of the following filler tobaccos: Piloto, San Vicente Ligero, San Vicente Seco, and Olor.
    limited to 7,500 boxes
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Isaac! Does anyone know how these came to be, or anything more in depth, what makes them so special etc?
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    What I found on it wasn't much but here is a little history. The Griffin’s was created in 1984 by Swiss nightclub impresario Bernard H. Grobet, who owned and operated the Griffin’s Club. Word spread throughout Switzerland about the quality of his house cigar and it was introduced in the U.S. in 1989. The filler includes three different Cibao Valley tobaccos combined with a Dominican binder and Connecticut-seed wrapper to give it a mildly spicy, flavorful taste.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    this is one of the cigars on my wish list. i would love to try one. I mean... whats not to want about a Kelner blended LE?
  • kuzi16:
    this is one of the cigars on my wish list. i would love to try one. I mean... whats not to want about a Kelner blended LE?
    The 07?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kelner is the blender on the griffins. im about 99% sure that he is the blender on that one as well.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    hmm, I haven't had a griffin in a long time. Though I remember liking the one I had. It was a mild smoke sort of creamy.