Home Ratings & Reviews

What makes Armada so good?

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
I'm a casual smoker...maybe 50 sticks a year tops..probably more like 30-40....I've had a lot of AJ smokes and all the MOW except the Puro....I like his stuff...quality smokes but more of every day smokes to me than special occasion smokes.

Today I had my first Armada and was blown away....what makes this different??

I got a ton of what I describe as a sweet, nutty flavor at the start (cashews?)...I love that flavor profile...at the end it turned more into a heavy black pepper, bitter unsweetened dark chocolate flavor which was a nice twist but I could have lived with the start flavor all the way through...burned perfect...slow....

All in all this is one of the best sticks I've had in awhile and I do try to hit the better smokes as I don't smoke a ton....

My question is what is different with this MOW AJ stick??...I realize Virtue is a whole different animal but this is much better than regular MOW or Ruination in my opinion..of course it is priced much higher but that is not why I like it...I have had many high priced sticks I do not think are worth it (Camacho Pre-Embargo for one)...

Comments

• spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Elfin' magic............
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Its a super premium from aj nuff said. They all have tobacco reserves that can wow when they bust out the family reserve type tobacco.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I have no clue but...I feel the same way! I love the Armada! Just hate the price! No way I'm buying a $500 box! So samplers is how I get mine.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Ive only had one so far. Those who told me to get one sure didn't steer me wrong. It's such a great stick.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    spindrift:
    Elfin' magic............
    +3
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    spindrift:
    Elfin' magic............
    lol....
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ZAP:
    I'm a casual smoker...maybe 50 sticks a year tops..probably more like 30-40....I've had a lot of AJ smokes and all the MOW except the Puro....I like his stuff...quality smokes but more of every day smokes to me than special occasion smokes.

Today I had my first Armada and was blown away....what makes this different??

I got a ton of what I describe as a sweet, nutty flavor at the start (cashews?)...I love that flavor profile...at the end it turned more into a heavy black pepper, bitter unsweetened dark chocolate flavor which was a nice twist but I could have lived with the start flavor all the way through...burned perfect...slow....

All in all this is one of the best sticks I've had in awhile and I do try to hit the better smokes as I don't smoke a ton....

My question is what is different with this MOW AJ stick??...I realize Virtue is a whole different animal but this is much better than regular MOW or Ruination in my opinion..of course it is priced much higher but that is not why I like it...I have had many high priced sticks I do not think are worth it (Camacho Pre-Embargo for one)...
    I enjoyed my armada but better than a ruination... eh that's a tough one for me. Glad you enjoyed it though. They are nice sticks.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the quantity of fermentation that goes into that thick ligero wrapper.

that about where i would start on what makes that cigar so good.
  • I had an Armada today, with about 13 months of age. I bought a 2-pack last year, and smoked the first one during last season's Super Bowl. It was a very good cigar, but I was a little underwhelmed. I remember being impressed by my first Armada but thinking it was a little young and it would greatly benefit from a little age. There was just no 'Wow' factor for me though. Great construction, even burn, plenty of smoke, very smooth - but there was just something missing. Hard to explain. But I have 2 more in my humidor from this summer, and hopefully these will let me know who's boss.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have smoked one and it was very good. Was it $20 good? Nah, not when I can get Ruinations for 1/6 of that.
  • fla-gypsy:
    I have smoked one and it was very good. Was it $20 good? Nah, not when I can get Ruinations for 1/6 of that.

Agreed. I liked it, but really I actually prefer a Ruination.