Home Non Cigar Related

Cyanogen Mod 7 - Nook Color

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone here have experience with it? Got it working on my nook Color but having minor issues.

I have no lock screen
Apps keep force closing. Can't figure out how to clear cache or davlik as suggested.
How do I know if I have CWR & what version.

Other then that it is pretty cool. I am a total amateur and figured this out from xda forums and YouTube. Dual booting from my memory card. If anyone can help please let me know.

Comments

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    I wish I could help you. I rooted my Droid X and a few other phones...Bionic, D2, D1, but don't have experience with this one.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Idk when it comes to the nook but I will see what I can find.
  • I use CM7 on my MyTouch 4g but never seen those issues. you might want to try xda developers or the CM forums.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waffles:
    I use CM7 on my MyTouch 4g but never seen those issues. you might want to try xda developers or the CM forums.
    Won't let me post there because I am a noob with no posts.

I did fix my screen lock. Simple setting issue.

Now the only problem I seem to be having is apps that force close. I read about clearing the cache and davlik cache but I have no idea how to do that. I am not a developer and need step by step instructions but everyone posts like they are talking to other developers and programmers. Very confusing.
    jsnake:
    Waffles:
    I use CM7 on my MyTouch 4g but never seen those issues. you might want to try xda developers or the CM forums.

Now the only problem I seem to be having is apps that force close. I read about clearing the cache and davlik cache but I have no idea how to do that. I am not a developer and need step by step instructions but everyone posts like they are talking to other developers and programmers. Very confusing.
    Davlik cache you do in clockwork recovery. Boot into recovery, scroll down to advanced then wipe davlik cache. If you don't know how to boot into recovery let me know and I will find out..
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    jsnake:
    Waffles:

Davlik cache you do in clockwork recovery. Boot into recovery, scroll down to advanced then wipe davlik cache. If you don't know how to boot into recovery let me know and I will find out..
    Yeah, I have no idea. I need kindergarten instructions. I appreciate the help!
    That should take you to cwr if you have it and it will also say what version it is..
    You get it working?