Home Cigar 101

what kind of coolers are you guys using?

asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
What brands? What sizes? Which are the most airtight? Which keep the best humidity?

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I use a Coleman 120qt Extreme model. Holds RH like a rock. I use 2 lbs of conservagel beads.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I use a Coleman fish cooler. This thing is like 3 feet long . It also holds RH very well.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Igloo 48qt red/white $17
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    igloo marine, $24, wallyworld
  • coleman 150qt that us quickly running out of space, i have 3 cigar boxes in there and about 400 singles, using about 4 lbs of humidity beads and have 2 oust fans, temp stays right at 68-70 degrees and humidity is always at 68-70% as well, i got the cooler onsale from walmart for only $50, i will need another in a few months, i seem to be buying faster then i can smoke them..lol
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest one is an Igloo Max Cold Premium. 165 qt. with 2 lbs. of beads, it holds the rh very well. It also has a 14" hatch on the lid that works great for spot checking humidity, and for air circulation.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Igloo 48qt red/white $17
    same here
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This:

• JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    This:

I think that may be the BIGGEST "20ct" I have ever seen!!!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    bandyt09:
    This:

I think that may be the BIGGEST "20ct" I have ever seen!!!
    Naw naw naw.... that is just the cooler that STORES the 20 ct.... and the 20ct gets rotated. I can easily see 4 of the famed 20ct right there.... wonder which 20ct will be used this week???!?!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    It's eventually coming to this for me, never thought I would but ya'll are not a good influence on people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Coleman 5 day 50 quart. By twice as large as you'll think you need.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Holy Moley...165 qt? Were do you find one that big? I thought I was doing good by getting a 70 qt to upgrade the one I had. Looks like I'm going to have to keep them both now if I keep this up.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    wow you all go all in. I used plastic tubs.
  • CvilleE:
    Holy Moley...165 qt? Were do you find one that big? I thought I was doing good by getting a 70 qt to upgrade the one I had. Looks like I'm going to have to keep them both now if I keep this up.
    try walmart.com they always have good deals on coolers this time of year..
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought that big boy at Walmart...I love it and would recommend to anyone!!
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Poker Slob:
    I bought that big boy at Walmart...I love it and would recommend to anyone!!
    My WalMart sux....I don't think I've ever seen any over 50 qt....
  • I believe its always free shipping from website to store....they have a bunch of 120+ quart coolers on their site
  • I plan to use one I won in a contest. I am in the process of calibrating its gauge Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Waffles:
    I plan to use one I won in a contest. I am in the process of calibrating its gauge Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Very nice, I'd give her a new paint job but thats just me
  • WafflesWaffles Posts: 63
    Once I get all the equipment set up I might give it a once over. I still have some holes to drill and wires to run.
  • im in the market for another 150qt coleman cooler, but walmart is out of stock, but they have a 120qt cooler for only $55 i think, which is not bad considering the 150qt is $80, cost $25 more and its only about 3.5'' longer and .5'' wider, so i may go with the 120qt.
  • WafflesWaffles Posts: 63
    Well mine turned out to have a crappy seal, so I just went with a 52 qt igloo
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I bought a cooler over a year ago at K-Mart. It is a Coleman 48 qts. I've had it hold roughly 150+ sticks in 8+ random boxes. Right now I use 3/4 - 1lbs. beads in it. I can go about 2-3 months without ahving to mess with recharging any of the beads. Right now it is low (really low) but I hope to, one day soon, get it back up to super strength.

Rob
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    james40:
    By twice as large as you'll think you need.
    this. Im using a 16 quart Coleman I had thinking i only wanted to keep 3-4 sticks, its now 1/3 full (after only two purchases)... all i need are some beads and ill be set!
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    james40:
    this. Im using a 16 quart Coleman I had thinking i only wanted to keep 3-4 sticks, its now 1/3 full (after only two purchases)... all i need are some beads and ill be set!
    Always, always go BIGGER!! Started with 20ct Humi, added 50ct Humi, 150 ct humi, 60 qt cooler, now 150 qt cooler!!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
    MVW67:
    taythegibs:
    james40:
    Always, always go BIGGER!! Started with 20ct Humi, added 50ct Humi, 150 ct humi, 60 qt cooler, now 150 qt cooler!!!!
    are you still using the smaller cooler and humis, or did you retire them when you upgraded?
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    MVW67:
    taythegibs:
    james40:
    are you still using the smaller cooler and humis, or did you retire them when you upgraded?
    Traded small humi and 10 cigars for the brand new 150 qt sitting in a garage, 50 ct full 150 humi full retired 60 for back up working on 150.......3/4 full...
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
    sounds like you've got it going on! i dont want to imagine how long a 150 ct would last me if i had the $$
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I went with a (ok, two actually) Coleman 79-Quart Xtreme Cooler which I picked up from Amazon. Works lovely.