Home General Discussion
Options

What is your preferred atmosphere to smoke in?

I like to turn out the lights and sit on my deck at night and smoke alone looking at the stars, if I can see them as it is normally cloudy out. I find that I really can focus on every part of the cigar that way and enjoy it a lot more.

How do you like to smoke? with friends, alone, inside or outside.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    this time of year?

somewhere warm
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    With friends. It makes the expierience much better when you can share it with a bunch of friends.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    In winter, I usually smoke while taking my dogs for a walk over to a nearby school where they can run. In the other seasons, I usually sit on the front porch and have a smoke with a few beers after working around the house.

I'd love to smoke with friends, but none of mine really do. Well, my neighbor likes to sit out and enjoy "cigars" with me. Just yesterday, when I was having a l'aroma de cuba, he and I stood around and he lit up some sort of flavored Philllies. He started tell me how good they are for the price and I didn't even have the heart to argue with him. This is the same guy who I once gave a Centurian to only to watch him smoke the *** out of it for about 15 min before getting it all slobbered up and letting it go out.

I think I need to find someone else to smoke with.
  • Options
    During the summer, either out front in my hammock or on my back porch. I only have one friend who smokes cigars, if we're at his house we're usually sittin' in the garage with the door open, just chillin'. During the winter...I don't smoke during the winter. Too damn cold.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    It used to be that my preferred environment was to have a cigar hanging out with a bunch of friends. I still very much enjoy that, but my ideal evening with a cigar has changed. Ideally, I will go out on the deck in the evening (our deck faces east), with temps around 70 degrees, low/no wind, and read a good book all by myself. This is the ideal environment for me to try a new blend, or a new vitola on a blend I've had before. I usually try to save new stuff for these occassions.

When hanging out with friends, I will usually grab something that I've had before that I know I really enjoy. I don't want to "miss out" on the experience of a new cigar, as the cigar isn't the focal point of the evening. I want something where I know what to expect. I also don't usually grab something expensive, but if I do, I take the band off before anyone even sees it.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    In the summer, at night usually in my or one of the neighbors backyard, decks, or driveways. It depends on where we all happen to gather that night. There will most likely be grilling and some drinking involved, I've got some really nice neighbors. This happens at least five times a week If the neighbors are not in a socializing mood, my back yard late at night by myself. That is when I smoke the cigars I want to really enjoy without distraction.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I like smoking with others though i really don't have a smoking crowd. My best friend smokes cigs and isn't into cigars. I like sitting back, putting on some music and that's it. If it's warm I'll go outside but right now it's windy and a little cold. I also like cigars when I have my poker games. I can usually get 3 or 4 cigars in while playing poker. I like to smoke while golfing though if it's windy I don't even try.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    If it's the first time I'm trying a cigar, usually I like to sit out on the patio, which faces west, near sunset and just enjoy the cigar. If I have had the cigar before, then hanging out with buddies, either playing poker or just shooting the breeze, of course I don't get to do that often since one of my friend's lives in Chicago, where it's freezing cold and almost cold enough to let me not hear his **** about not being able to smoke during the winter.

Oddest atmosphere I like smoking in is out on a patio of some sort when it's raining cats and dogs out.
  • Options
    sanesane Posts: 151
    Garen B:
    Oddest atmosphere I like smoking in is out on a patio of some sort when it's raining cats and dogs out.
    I also enjoy it when its "raining cats and dogs" but sadly I don't have a cover over my deck yet. Last night when I was smoking it started to rain on me, not so bad that it put the cigar out or soaked me but it was kind of nice for it was a worm 54 or so.

I also enjoy smoking with others but all of the people I hang out with don't smoke cigars and I find I can't get the full enjoyment out of them because my attention is focused on my friends and not every taste of the cigar.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    If at work I have a cigar smoking buddy, we swap sticks and try new things and usually burn one together 3-4 times a week there. At home most of my friends are non-cigar smokers, so I enjoy my back deck. Also at home one of my favorite places to smoke is in the hot tub. At my old house the back yard pool was a great place, lotsa finished patio area/concrete to just sit out there and look at the water and listen to nature, sometimes I wish I had that house back.
  • Options
    I love to smoke early morning with a nice pot of coffee to go with the cigar when its warm out.  This would be off my back porch which faces north. Most of my friends dont smoke but my wife will site and have a cigar with me.  We usually are reading something.  just enjoying the cigar, coffee that is fresly rounded, and the moring.  In the winter I only smoke at my dads house very rarley or on a long drive, or a cigar shope but most of thoes dont happen as offten as the should. 
  • Options
    I love to smoke early morning with a nice pot of coffee to go with the cigar when its warm out.  This would be off my back porch which faces north. Most of my friends dont smoke but my wife will site and have a cigar with me once and a while.  We usually are reading something.  just enjoying the cigar, coffee that is fresly grounded, and the morning.  In the winter I only smoke at my dads house very rarley or on a long drive, or a cigar shop but most of thoes dont happen as offten as the should. 
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    i like to smoke with friends. I guess I am also blessed because we have a cigar bar in town, and sometimes when it's really cold outside we will go up there for a drink and a smoke (and also to look at thier new cigars). During the summer, nothing beats sitting outside in the evening with a nice glass of Gentleman Jack and a good smoke.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have a smoking crowd but our schedules don't usually mix. Sometimes we can get out once a week and go to the B&M and smoke. Most of the time, I smoke while driving however I think I am going to give up most of that because my ride to work is so short that I just get the cigar going before I have to put it out. I'll still smoke during long drives though. It would be nice to sit on the porch with some friends and smoke but this never happens.