Home General Discussion

Room 101 Cigars

Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
Weird question, but I thought some of the more savvy BOTLs on here might have the answer:

Where did the name "Room 101" come from?

I ask only because I just got through reading 1984 and, well, I would hope its not a reference to that Orwellian nightmare...Room 101 is where the worst thing is the world is. It varies between people for what exactly that is, but for whomever enters, the worst thing in the world is there.

So that made me curious...
^Troll: DO NOT FEED.

Comments

• slickricslickric Posts: 705
    this site might help click here
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Wow, "Although, the meanings behind some of what you see will be kept private, the majority is there for you. Just know, that once you own a piece of Room101, you are now part of something much larger – you are now part of a worldwide Conspiracy."
    Creepy!!!
  • all i know is the Ltd 101's are tasty!
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    From the 101 website: "The Room 101 cigar's wrapper is a Semilla 101, from an exclusive seed grown solely for this project by the Erioa family in Honduras".

My guess is that "Room 101" is where the cigars are blended and rolled, and the "conspiracy" is 100% marketing.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    JDH:
    From the 101 website: "The Room 101 cigar's wrapper is a Semilla 101, from an exclusive seed grown solely for this project by the Erioa family in Honduras".

My guess is that "Room 101" is where the cigars are blended and rolled, and the "conspiracy" is 100% marketing.
    "Room 101" was a jewelery company long before it had anything to do with cigars. the symbolism is there because Matt Booth has an intense interest in ancient Japanese Culture. the cigars are blended in the Camacho Factory in Danli Honduras.

some of Room 101 is marketing sond some of it is just his style.
    if you ever meet Matt Booth have a discussion with him about it.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    JDH:

"Room 101" was a jewelery company long before it had anything to do with cigars. the symbolism is there because Matt Booth has an intense interest in ancient Japanese Culture. the cigars are blended in the Camacho Factory in Danli Honduras.

Ditto, good dude, former Marine if I remember.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    mfotis:
    kuzi16:
    JDH:

Ditto, good dude, prior Marine if I remember.
    I don't buy cigars for political or philosophical reasons, and conspiracy theories are for the weak minded IMO. If the cigars are good, I'll smoke 'em, in spite of whatever whacky marketing strategies are employed, not because of those strategies.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    JDH:
    mfotis:
    kuzi16:
    JDH:

I don't buy cigars for political or philosophical reasons, and conspiracy theories are for the weak minded IMO. If the cigars are good, I'll smoke 'em, in spite of whatever whacky marketing strategies are employed, not because of those strategies.
    the cigars are fantastic IMHO, it is my #1
    kuzi16:
    That would be really cool.
    JDH:
    mfotis:
    kuzi16:
    JDH:

i agree that you should buy them for the flavor only. however, style is always part of it. he is not making cigars with those philosophies because he thinks others will like them. he is doing it because HE likes them.
    Ken Light:
    kuzi16:
    it was and is.
    i spent a good amount of time with him while in Nicaragua.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    JDH:
    conspiracy theories are for the weak minded

that's what they want you to believe
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Wow, "Although, the meanings behind some of what you see will be kept private, the majority is there for you. Just know, that once you own a piece of Room101, you are now part of something much larger – you are now part of a worldwide Conspiracy."
    Creepy!!!
    Oooooooo......a world wide conspiracy!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    kuzi16:
    Ken Light:
    kuzi16:
    it was and is.
    Agreed! Matt is a great guy and a friend of mine. If you ever get the chance to have a smoke and a conversation with him take the opportunity. He's good peeps for sure
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Looking for the Room 101 OSOK "One Shot One Kill" If anybody gets some and would like to trade please keep me in mind. Thanks
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    kuzi16:
    Ken Light:
    kuzi16:
    it was and is.
    Agreed! Matt is a great guy and a friend of mine. If you ever get the chance to have a smoke and a conversation with him take the opportunity. He's good peeps for sure
    I like when Good People do well. I shall have to try one of his. :)
    The Kid:
    Looking for the Room 101 OSOK "One Shot One Kill" If anybody gets some and would like to trade please keep me in mind. Thanks
    This is really a thing? Wow, the 1984 mythology gets deeper. That's how they kill you, one shot to the back of the head when you least expect it.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Ken Light:
    The Kid:
    This is really a thing? Wow, the 1984 mythology gets deeper. That's how they kill you, one shot to the back of the head when you least expect it.
    Dude, it's a conspiracy.
    y2pascoe:
    Ken Light:
    The Kid:
    Dude, it's a conspiracy.
    I'm breakin' out the aluminum foil hat...
  • Kid PM.