Home Ratings & Reviews

First experience with Cain "F"

ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
I'm usually a mild-medium smoker, but have recently delved into the world of full bodied smokes. My most recent purchases have been a Cain maddie, Cain Daytona, Cain "F", and an Obsidian. I must say I've been pleasantly pleased so far. I had the maddie the day after buying it and savored the Daytona on Christmas night. Tonight I fired up the "F" and was completely blown away. With the exception of the one Opus X I've had, this was the best smoke I've had so far. Lots of spice and black pepper in the first 1-1 1/2 inch, then nothing but pure tobacco flavor for the rest of the stick. Lots of creamy smoke swirling about my head like a demented halo. A bit of a "bite" during the last 1/3 of the smoke, but nothing I couldn't handle. Smoke so thick you almost have to chew it after the draw. No issues with keeping it lit, though a slight tunneling down the center that was easily remedied by a quick toasting. This is definitely a stick I'll purchase again. All of the Cain I've had have been a Corona size. I believe a Robusto or Torpedo shall be next in line. I'm sure most of you have had them, but if you haven't please do yourself a favor.

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I love the Cain F! Great smoke. My fav of the Cain line
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I'm digging the Cain F myself. I forsee a glorious future between myself and this fine smoke...
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Wait til you've had one with some age on it. It only gets better
    Might not be easy, but I think I can let one sit for a few months...
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I was wanting to get some Cain F Lanceros but have had a hard time finding them.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I smoked a torpedo last year and I remember it having a very unique aroma, but in a good way. I liked it, but it had some rough edges. I have a second that's been resting since then, and I may have to give that a try soon.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    I love the Cain F! Great smoke. My fav of the Cain line
    Yeah, I think they are the best of the Cain line, however I haven't had the maddie yet. I didn't care for the others though.
    In the past week I've smoked a Cain maddiie, a Daytona, and the F. All are exceptional smokes, but the F stands out as the best of the trio.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    always have the f's on hand
  • KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    First box purchase ever was a set of F series. First time I got Nic sick too... back before I knew what that even was... lol good times.
  • spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    The F's are a great smoke...I agree with letting them rest for a bit, the age well....