Home Non Cigar Related

Best Way to Polish/clean the wood on a pipe...

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
I'm talking about a smoking pipe... (lol, just a precaution..) I picked up a used on, a really nice one I might add but I want to polish it/ clean up the wood on it. I'm curious as what works the best. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    My friend calls it my daedra pipe (from skyrim)....

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pipe! I just use a damp cloth on my collection. Don't use anything chemical or abrasive, obviously.

From what I can see in the photo, it seems to already have a good buildup inside. I'd just give it a good scrape and you're good to go.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I thought this was about something else... I'll just be moving on.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Nice Pipe!
    Honestly, since it's been used, I'd use alcohol or something to clean the mouth piece and then rinse well until there is no alcohol taste. Last thing you need is whatever made the previous owner sick enough to give it up :P

camgfs:
    Nice Pipe!
    Honestly, since it's been used, I'd use alcohol or something to clean the mouth piece and then rinse well until there is no alcohol taste. Last thing you need is whatever made the previous owner sick enough to give it up :P

Yeah I used rubbing alcohol and cleaned the thing real well.
    YankeeMan:
    Nice pipe! I just use a damp cloth on my collection. Don't use anything chemical or abrasive, obviously.

From what I can see in the photo, it seems to already have a good buildup inside. I'd just give it a good scrape and you're good to go.
    thanks.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Nice pickup man!
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Now for the Ultimate Question:

HOW'S IT SMOKE?