Home Cigar 101

Pirate's Gold?

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Has anyone tried the Rolando Reyes Sr Pirate's Gold? I am looking for a cheap daily cigar, like a corona size I can smoke during lunch at work that would run me around $1.50 a stick or so. From what I have read on these, I think I would dig em. I want something mellow but still flavorful, but not spicy or peppery. If anyone here has tried them, are the maduro or naturals any good?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Reyes Family makes or made Puros Indios. I know he's well respected but I'm not a fan of his blends. Taste like drug store cigars to me.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Right on, your suggestions have all been spot on so far, thanks for the advice. They also have Oliveros Classic for real cheap, I will probably pick those up instead. I'm not expecting great smokes here, but I would like something with good flavor and decent construction. The biggest thing about the Pirate's Gold was that you have to buy like 40 of em, so if they are ****, you're stuck with a ton of sticks you won't smoke. The Oliveros are only 25 in a bundle and actually a little cheaper than the PG.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I appreciate that Alien. Its just one man's opinion about Reyes family cigars so take it for what it is. I've never had an Oliveros so I can't comment on them, not even sure who makes them. Honestly I'd recommend calling Ccom and telling them which cigars you like and let them know you are looking for a corona-sized (maybe smaller) cigar and get some recommendations. You may end up getting hooked up with a much higher quality cigar for the same price as the "everyday" smokes.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I think the Pirate's Gold is ok. Nothing to make your jaw drop in astonishment, but I've gotten worse for a higher price.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    for cheap i try for free cuba, or the cigar.com house blends.