Home General Discussion

My New Years Cigar Resolution

Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
Good morning all, I am thinking of going out on a limb here and posting some reviews. My goal is to smoke a cigar from each line of a company. I am looking for reasonably priced cigars (anywhere from the $2-20) range. Do any of you have any suggestions?

I thought about Gurkha but I don't know if I have the time to get through all of them. Plus, the HMR is waaaaaay out of my reach.

Comments

• MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Viaje would be a good line imo. Not a ton of releases. Some hard to find which would make it more fun imo. A wide and varied vitola assortment. Enough cigars in the line to last a while as opposed to MoW, LCG, My Father (doesn't include all the offshoot brands). My Father would be a cool one but do you include all the Jaime and La Reloba or not? Do you include all DPG? Hard to know. Tatuaje would be a cool one as well but they seem to be harder to come by and much more of an expensive proposition than Viaje.
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    Marker:
    Viaje would be a good line imo. Not a ton of releases. Some hard to find which would make it more fun imo. A wide and varied vitola assortment. Enough cigars in the line to last a while as opposed to MoW, LCG, My Father (doesn't include all the offshoot brands). My Father would be a cool one but do you include all the Jaime and La Reloba or not? Do you include all DPG? Hard to know. Tatuaje would be a cool one as well but they seem to be harder to come by and much more of an expensive proposition than Viaje.
    i agree with this finding singles of most of these shouldnt be too hard. and there have been enough realeases to keep this going for a while
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Only problem with Viaje is if you do a review and talk about how much you liked the cigar it will make me want to try them. Seems like Viaje (so I am told) is about limited releases which means it may be hard for us to find afterwards.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    dowjr1:
    Only problem with Viaje is if you do a review and talk about how much you liked the cigar it will make me want to try them. Seems like Viaje (so I am told) is about limited releases which means it may be hard for us to find afterwards.
    The only reason I posted Viaje was to torture you each time he puts up a review. My plan is coming along perfectly. :)
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I am strictly thinking of one specific line. Which is why I mentioned Gurkha. I am open to whatever ideas are out there. I think to make this even more interesting for me, I may take the recommendation I like best and run with it.

What the heck, why not--whoevers idea I like best will win something from me. Bring it on folks!
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Marker:
    dowjr1:
    The only reason I posted Viaje was to torture you each time he puts up a review. My plan is coming along perfectly. :)
    lmaobthose look nice. review?
    Maybe evn Tim "The Beard" can provide some insight on this as I will pretty much be buying the sticks from him. Lol
  • I'd go for Padron. They have the regular line (such as the 3000 or Churchill). 1964 Anniversary. 1926 Anniversary. 40th, 80th. Family Reserve for the last 4 years. You can smoke one of each in Natural and Maduro.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had any of the '000 line from padron. So I'd like to read some reviews from those. Gurkha has been covered rather well so has RP. Griffin's perhaps, I haven't had many of their cigars. Fuente has many that I haven't tried. Don carlos as well.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Either CAO, which has a rather extensive line-up, or Padron for the same reason.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both Perdomo and Padilla have a ton of sticks. Or you could try a line that some people don't normally smoke, such as Oliveros.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Tatuaje!... it would be a **** to track down one of everything... but would be an awesome accomplishment!

if that one is too much work (which would be totally understandable) I would go with either Joya de Nicaragua or Camacho.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    My suggestion would be Padilla and CAO, they have a great line up and fall well within your pricing requirements

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    LFD has a decent lineup.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    LT, I say you may want to go with one of three of my choices. CAO which I know you like. Would be nice to see you do a review on one of your favorites. Plus their line of cigars is long. Secondly, Camacho has reasonable priced cigars on the full strength side of the house. Which I know you like that. Lastly, TAT or Viaje. So far from what I've seen. No ones reviews on some of these cigars are the same. Plus they have some interesting flavors IMO. Good luck, cant wait to see what you go with.
    Well it seems that a common suggestion was CAO. I have to agree with this as I have only had a couple diffrerent blends and would like to explore the brand even more. Who knows, if I make it through the CAO's I may start in on a different brand. I plan to start posting my reviews in the appropriate section. I hope you enjoy the ride.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    My New years resolution will be to smoke less, but better, cigars.
    Alright guys,

I have taken into account everyone's suggestions. I have been looking at Brand samplers etc etc. Since I buy from CCom 99% of the time I have been watching the deals a lot. I couldn't wait for much longer before making my mind up on a brand. I have decided to go with Gurkha. Rather than try to smoke every single one of their blends, I have decided to purchase the Weekend Blitz and CCom's Humidor Combo Sampler.

Once I receive them, I will begin my journey of reviewing the cigars. Thanks for all your thoughts and comments.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Lookin forward to seein your reviews