Home Cigar 101
Options

How much does it matter?

I have a lot of cigars that are Habanos and Maduros all sitting in the Humi mixed together. What are peoples thoughts is this a bad idea? Should I seperate the two types with the dividers? Is also a bad idea to mix brands inside the humi?

Thanks,
Gridgod

Comments

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    As long as they are not infused, it does not matter to me. All of mine are jumbled together, never had a problem.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I separate them by wrapper, but for me that's just an orgsnizational thing. They're all in the same humidor, so I'm not sure what kind of dramatic effect that's going to have on other cigars in the humidor, but I imagine it's negligible.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if it is in the cellophane it doenst matter on lick. if it is not in cellophane the only worry you have is if they are mixed for many years.
  • Options
    GridgodGridgod Posts: 14
    What would be the worry after years? I have had a couple of them in there for 2 years already.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Mine are all naked (no cello) and some have had more than a few year. I keep them sorted a little by wrapper, but the cheap sticks/yard gars are in one humi and my ISOM sticks are all in other. Light color wrapper on one side, dark or maduro on the other. I haven't noticed any issue.
    If you are keeping sticks for years and years mixed together, there is the threat that they may all taste the same (or close to the same). That won't happen for a long time, and to be honest, not all smokers would even notice.