Home Cigar 101

Cuban or not?

Hello all. I have just joined this forum. It's nice to be here. My name is John, but I go by my nickname which is Skidmark. We'll go into that at a later time. I have a question for those more knowlegable than myself (which is most of you). I was given Cohiba and I was told it was a Cuban. I have my doubts. The metal tube it came in says: Cohiba La Habana Cuba Esple'ndidos. The cigar itsself only says Cohiba Habana, Cuba. Does anyone have any idea if this is actually a Cuban or a counterfiet.

Thanks for any input. 

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    No idea without seeing it. Google it and see if there was such a cigar made, then look at the band and see if it meets any of the known counterfiet bands.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    and wipe better next time
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    rwheelwright:
    No idea without seeing it. Google it and see if there was such a cigar made, then look at the band and see if it meets any of the known counterfiet bands.
    I think CA actually has a gallery of counterfeits on its website. Lots of pictures, comparing reals vs fakes. Worth taking a look if you're not sure.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    dutyje:
    and wipe better next time

I knew this wasn't getting far....baby wipes work wonders
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    bass8844:
    rwheelwright:
    I think CA actually has a gallery of counterfeits on its website. Lots of pictures, comparing reals vs fakes. Worth taking a look if you're not sure.
    THey do its actually one of the only things I use CA for. Except that one time at the B&M when they ran out of tp.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    madurofan:
    bass8844:
    rwheelwright:
    THey do its actually one of the only things I use CA for. Except that one time at the B&M when they ran out of tp.
    ouch....was it as cold and heartless as your view of them?
    bbc020:
    madurofan:
    bass8844:
    rwheelwright:
    ouch....was it as cold and heartless as your view of them?
    Indeed. It was kinda of slick so it took a lot to get the job done. Of course i started with pages about $100,000 watches and used the whole magazine that wasn't about cigars. There were 5 pages left.

THe amazing part was it didn't clog the toilet. I guess if you're only flushing **** down it won't clog it.
  • Thanks for all the comments and also the stuff about cigars.

skidmark:

Thanks for all the comments and also the stuff about cigars.

Sorry man, it has a tendency to happen here.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Some people think it's funny...but it's really dark and runny.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    "Hot" and runny, is the way we learned it in my neck of the woods.