Home Cigar 101

Smoking a perfecto

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
The other day I had my first perfecto, a Gurkha Centurian. I didn't know whither to cut the head, but since I could draw through it, I did not. Lighting it was easy and at first, the draw was tight, but ok, then about halfway through, it got very tight and I decided to cut a little off. Up until that point it tasted pretty good, then after the cut, I think that it started burning hot and began to taste bad even after slowing down.
It being my first one was I doing something wrong, should I have clipped the head to begin with? Thoughts or suggestions?
One God, One Truth

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    If it plugged first and then started to taste bad and bitter... then I'm betting you got a tar ball plug. Nasty bitter things that can ruin a good stick faster then dropping it in a pile of dog do do.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i wish more companies made perfectos.
    Gurkha when they are on is ON but they are so hit or miss that i would say its just a construction issue.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    laker1963:
    If it plugged first and then started to taste bad and bitter... then I'm betting you got a tar ball plug. Nasty bitter things that can ruin a good stick faster then dropping it in a pile of dog do do.
    +1 Had that happen to a torp a few days ago. There was no saving it tried to clip past the tar and the stick started to come apart.

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Thanks fellas.
    One God, One Truth