Home Cigar 101

Another "Strongest Cigar" Thread

Hello all, new to the site and the community here. Rather new to smoking as well (have a few dozen cigars under my belt).

Im certain this question has been asked alot in the past, but I cant seem to find any info. I have found that I enjoy "strong" cigars. So much so, that strength takes precedence over taste. Bottom line...I want something that can knock me down ;)

So far, I settled on a few that I seem to enjoy:

La Flor Double Ligero / Joya De Nicaragua Antano / Excaliber 1066 Dark Knight

My question to the veteran guys of the community is:  Know of anything else that can pack a bigger punch?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Tatuaje Cojonu 2006 or 2003 the 2003 is better and bolder but good luck finding one. IF YOU DO, let me know.
    Also the illusione cg4 was pretty strong as well. Maybe the Rocky Patel Sungrown also.
    Also welcome aboard. Look forward to see more from ya.
  • Bsneed51Bsneed51 Posts: 22
    Rocky Patel Edge.
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    Camacho Corojo
    AHHH yea the Edge maduro and sumatra are both strong.
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196

The Gerkha legend is stout and the 5 vegas Alpha has good body and alot of smoke...

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Some of the strongest cigars I have had are Partagas Black, Edge by Rocky Patel Onyx Reserve, Actually the one I enjoyed most of these three, And Gurkha Fuerte
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i love strong cigars.
    thats about all i smoke. my "lighter" cigars right now are gifted to me. the lightest body cigar in my humi right now that i paid for is the sancho panza double maduro. Most think that this cigar is med-full.
    needless to say i know strong cigars.

camacho diploma.
    if you dont eat before this one you WILL puke. (well, i wont but im a freak like that)

El Cobre by Oliva. after a year of rest this one gave me a good cigar buzz. too bad they are very hard to find.

with an honerable mention: OpusX **** aka "power ranger" this cigar is strong for its size. You WILL feel it.

i know there are others out there.

ok one more: La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero (in the chisel size of course). not to name drop but this is the cigar that Rush hands out when he plays golf. its so strong that it makes the other players light headed and unable to play well. always a thinker.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    My $.02, the Camacho Corojo and the Gurkha Fuerte.
  • kuzi16:
    camacho diploma.
    if you dont eat before this one you WILL puke. (well, i wont but im a freak like that)
    LOL... being one confident in his ability to handle a strong smoke, that sounds like a challenge. Will post results.

I'm going to have to get one of those and the Camacho sampler with my next purchase, because I've actually been meaning to check them out for a while. Also, this Illusione CG4... is it available on CCOM? I keep hearing about this one, but cannot find it anywhere.
    gott, no its not available on ccom. It is a very limited realease. He's only released it to 110 stores so far and will only release it to 200 total. Its even more limited in its online availability. PM me.
  • LoonaticLoonatic Posts: 8

Hi All...

Camacho Corojo, Rocky Edge, La Flor Double Ligero get my vote (or three).

• madurofan:
    Tatuaje Cojonu 2006 or 2003 the 2003 is better and bolder but good luck finding one. IF YOU DO, let me know.
    Also the illusione cg4 was pretty strong as well. Maybe the Rocky Patel Sungrown also.

I actually just found some Tatuaje Cojonu 2003....I saw your post and it reminded me that I had been meaning to pick up a couple to mess with my buddies....so a quick little search and I found some here http://www.2guyssmokeshop.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamCat=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&iLevel=1&txtsearchParamMan=374

YOU ARE THE MAN!!! anyone up for a box split?