Home Cigar 101

Beads?

gio164gio164 Posts: 180
I finally broke down and ordered some conservagel beads. Is it ok if the beads are touching my cigars?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    they arent in a container of some sort?
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I have two setup with beads. In my winedor, the beads are in a stocking at the bottom away from the cigars. In my desktop humidor, they are in a perforrated tube that does touch other cigars. So the beads never actually touch the cigars.
  • gio164gio164 Posts: 180
    I was planning on putting them in a pouch at the bottom of my humi and a container on the lid.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    i was wondering what are the best beads, im thinking of starting up a coolidor since im at capacity with my two humidors
  • KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    they are all just Silica Sand. I use unscented cat litter. Buddy uses Heartfelt beads. We both hold 67-68% year rounds. I paid next to nothing for a HUGE bag... he paid much more, for MUCH less. BUT, I guess it's piece of mind for some people.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Krieger:
    they are all just Silica Sand. I use unscented cat litter. Buddy uses Heartfelt beads. We both hold 67-68% year rounds. I paid next to nothing for a HUGE bag... he paid much more, for MUCH less. BUT, I guess it's piece of mind for some people.
    Hey Krieger, u got a PM.

"Long ashes my friends."

• KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    Right back at you good sir.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I bout heartfelt and now run @68 %.. I'm happy with that
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    I bout heartfelt and now run @68 %.. I'm happy with that
    Same as me that is where mine are running at also:-) :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...