Home Ratings & Reviews

java mint

twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
just wondering if anyones tried those new java mint cigars in the catalog.curios
no matter where you go, there you are.

Comments

• RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Actually not A bad smoke. The mint adds A depth of character to an Already relaxing smoke. Definitely worth A try if your into flavored smokes.
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    twistedstem:
    just wondering if anyones tried those new java mint cigars in the catalog.curios
    personally I like them, however some do not. They have been out for maybe 6 or so months. I have had The 58 vitola. It's not too minty as I felt the ion mint is ( it's like spearmint gum!), it's more of a mint chocolate I suppose. As with all sticks it's worth trying one stick I think.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I smoked one and was disappointed in it personally. I love the Java line and was very excited to try it. I found the mint to be great for about 5 min but after that it doesn't go down and marry up with the other flavors it dominates them. It was too minty for it's own good for me. That's my .02 on it. Don't let that keep you from trying it just giving my honest opinion on it.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you for the input .im just getting started and trying to find what i like.never realized how much was out there its pretty exciting
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    have you found it anywhere in stock instead of sold out or on order?
  • I love rum and cognac infused if they are done well. I'll have to try the java mint.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Probably won't be smoking one of these personally, just not my thing... BUT if you like mint flavor in cigars, and are willing to do some serious digging and hunting (and are willing to spend what they are going for now), the Tatuaje Boris has a really unique, distinct mint flavor to it (a vegetal, herbal mint flavor, not sweet candy mints, but like actual fresh spearmint leaves), which also makes it really great with a well made Mojito!
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    docbp87:
    Probably won't be smoking one of these personally, just not my thing... BUT if you like mint flavor in cigars, and are willing to do some serious digging and hunting (and are willing to spend what they are going for now), the Tatuaje Boris has a really unique, distinct mint flavor to it (a vegetal, herbal mint flavor, not sweet candy mints, but like actual fresh spearmint leaves), which also makes it really great with a well made Mojito!
    hmmm... looks like i need to learn how to make mojitos
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I had one of these on New Years Day. It had a nice mint smell to it pre light. Maybe even a little over minty smell but not enough to put me off. The first 15 minutes I could really taste the mint in the stick. After that, not much of a mint hint except maybe every 5th puff. I was really hoping for more from it though. I love the Java sticks. I think I will have to revisit it one of these days. A big thanks again to my Secret SanTa, the Iowa fan, for hooking me up with a stick.
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Bobbo2009:
    I had one of these on New Years Day. It had a nice mint smell to it pre light. Maybe even a little over minty smell but not enough to put me off. The first 15 minutes I could really taste the mint in the stick. After that, not much of a mint hint except maybe every 5th puff. I was really hoping for more from it though. I love the Java sticks. I think I will have to revisit it one of these days. A big thanks again to my Secret SanTa, the Iowa fan, for hooking me up with a stick.
    not a problem! Hopefully you get to try that cafe con leche as well.
  • I didn't really like it. I enjoyed the mint taste but I felt the overall taste to be mediocre. Also, I used a punch and about 3/4 way through the smoke the tobacco "cap" at the end came off and began unraveling.