Home General Discussion
Options

I've got 3 acres and a building........

.......and would love to put something together during the summer possibly, if enough people were interested. I'd like ya'll to come with your wives or girlfriends and if you don't have either, come by yourself. I live in southeastern North Carolina, about 1 hour from Myrtle Beach in one direction, 1 hour from Ft. Bragg in Fayetteville in another direction, and 1 hour from Wilmington, NC in another direction. My husband has a huge BBQ cooker that he made, a shop that he built that has room if it rains, and 3 acres to whoop & holler on. You can bring your own drinks. (alcohol or otherwise). The music will be on. Anyway, I know I'm new, and everything, just wondering if there would be any interest for this spring. (not when it's too hot, maybe in May). This is just tentative......don't know if anyone could even come.....just throwing it out there to see.

Comments

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Interesting, Lakota72 lives down that way. I could probably make it. Just have to plan accordingly.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Me and my brother Teege and our families will actually be on vacation in Myrtle Beach this summer. If its during that time, we could def make an hr drive to come!
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    RCY Cigars:
    Interesting, Lakota72 lives down that way. I could probably make it. Just have to plan accordingly.
    Great. would love to have you both here!!
  • Options
    BigT06:
    Me and my brother Teege and our families will actually be on vacation in Myrtle Beach this summer. If its during that time, we could def make an hr drive to come!
    That would be wonderful. I was thinking May. It's warm here then, not too hot, not too cold. Summers can be so humid and unbearable here, so May is very pleasant usually and is before the mosquitoes come out and before it becomes humid.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    That would be wonderful. I was thinking May. It's warm here then, not too hot, not too cold. Summers can be so humid and unbearable here, so May is very pleasant usually and is before the mosquitoes come out and before it becomes humid.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just like driving and I like meeting new people..i might be able to make it work.
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    I just like driving and I like meeting new people..i might be able to make it work.
    Great! Would love to meet you!
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    The title had country song written all over it.
  • Options
    Marker:
    The title had country song written all over it.
    Hahaha!! Kinda reminded me of "3 acres and a mule" after I typed it, lol!
  • Options
    I love whooping and hollering so I'd be interested. Plus, my family is from N C and love the barbecue. How far from Goldsboro are you?
  • Options
    xIcedGuardianx:
    I love whooping and hollering so I'd be interested. Plus, my family is from N C and love the barbecue. How far from Goldsboro are you?
    I think Goldsboro is about 2 hours from me, give or take. I think. Would love to have you come to whoop & holler....and puff.....and whatever.......lol!!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Awesome gesture by you and your hubby!! It sounds awesome and Im sure a good time will be had by all!! Take care and have fun!!...
    P.S. Be sure to take lots of pics and share with those of us who will be there in spirit!
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Awesome gesture by you and your hubby!! It sounds awesome and Im sure a good time will be had by all!! Take care and have fun!!...
    P.S. Be sure to take lots of pics and share with those of us who will be there in spirit!
    Thanks, I will take lots of pics! Wish you could be there, but Washington state is as far away from us as you can get in the lower 48, lol!
  • Options
    But does she have huge tracts of land?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3YiPC91QUk
  • Options
    Marker:

ummm.....?????
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Salem:
    Marker:

ummm.....?????
    Hmmmm let me run it by the committee.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    have fun
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Salem:
    Marker:

ummm.....?????
    Hmmmm let me run it by the committee.
    The first time I put the address in (copy and past) I got this guy playing a guitar for a split second and that's all. I was wondering what in the world? So I copied and pasted again just now and got a medevil man and his son that was funny!!
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the wife and I will be in Myrtle this summer. If we aren't there when you throw your shindig, I could always swing through on the way home and toss a grenade or two at ya!
  • Options
    Never seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail? errrr.....
  • Options
    Toombes:
    Pretty sure the wife and I will be in Myrtle this summer. If we aren't there when you throw your shindig, I could always swing through on the way home and toss a grenade or two at ya!
    I'd really like to meet you Toombes & your family!!
  • Options
    Marker:
    Never seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail? errrr.....
    Sorry.....*holds her head down in shame.*
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    That sounds really awesome and it also sounds like your husband is really coming along with the whole cigar thing which is cool.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    I think 3 acres and a building beats 4 acres and a mule, don't you?
  • Options
    JDH:
    I think 3 acres and a building beats 4 acres and a mule, don't you?
    I do, cuz what we gonna do with a mule anyways? :)
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're probably about two hours from you. My wife and I would love to attend and meet you and our other brothers and sisters.
  • Options
    YankeeMan:
    We're probably about two hours from you. My wife and I would love to attend and meet you and our other brothers and sisters.
    Fantastic!!!
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    The invite is great, but I will not be on the list. Way too far for me to travel, even if I had the time to go. If you're ever in northern Ontario, you'd be welcome to visit and have a cigar with the wife and I. I hope your herf works out. It does sound like fun.

• Options
    camgfs:
    The invite is great, but I will not be on the list. Way too far for me to travel, even if I had the time to go. If you're ever in northern Ontario, you'd be welcome to visit and have a cigar with the wife and I. I hope your herf works out. It does sound like fun.

That would be a ways for you to go! :) Sorry I can't meet you though.
  • Options
    Only 6 so far.......I want a PARTY!! :)