Home Cigar 101
Options

Show off your Wineador

djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
Well I just got a Vinotemp 28 bottle Wine Cooler. This thing is nice! I got it off craigslist today and purchased some shelves from wineadors.com http://www.wineadors.com/vinotemp.html.

Currently seasoning it with two bowls of distilled water, cedar shelves from my humidors and a pound of beads. Anyone have any tips to maintain the R/H? I have been reading about these things and saw a post about getting a UPS backup supply in case of power outage because of the temp resets to cold.

Is the 65 degrees a good temp to keep them at?

DSC_0764

DSC_0765

Comments

• Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    nice. there should be one of those in my future
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Here is a few pics of what I keep next to the bed. It holds about 170 smokes. I've spent around $175. It has a pound or so of 65% rH conserva gel, a digital hygrometer, and 3 spanish cedar drawers. Its a digital display and adjustment, thermoelectric. Works for me. It keeps me from worrying about the conditon of my cigars. These pics are from my crappy Blackberry. Hopefully I get an Iphone in a few months and can take better pics. imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    Very nice, I had a buddy who had one of these and it broke. So I took it and made it into a Wineador. I was actually prepping it today.

• Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Season it? What is there to season? I understand the beads etc to keep the desired humidity but I am missing something on the seasoning part. Unless you are talking about the cedar trays...
  • Options
    Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    I think he means getting the humidity to its level. It will take about two to three days to get there and hold where you desire it to be.
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    dowjr1:
    Season it? What is there to season? I understand the beads etc to keep the desired humidity but I am missing something on the seasoning part. Unless you are talking about the cedar trays...
    Sorry, I mean to get the R/H at 65%. It has been going up and down 80+ % to 55%. I think once I get my cedar shelves in it should help balance the R/H. I also noticed there has been some condensation, so I have been wiping that off every time I see it. It may have gotten in there from the water bowls I placed inside which they have been removed them. So right now it has been steady at 74%. I may have to take out some 65% beads.