Home Ratings & Reviews

Review of my new humidor, The Deauville Tobacco Leaf Cigar Humidor

I know that this section was mostly meant for cigar reviews, but I figured it might be ok to review my new humidor.....I hope anyway. lol!

The first thing you notice is it's beauty. It's one of the nicest looking humidors I've ever seen. It is shiny and has a tobacco leaf on top and it looks just like a real one. A real cured tobacco leaf, and growing up in the south, I've seen and handled millions of them when I was growing up working in it. When you open it up, your nose is pleasantly filled with the smell of Spanish Cedar, but wait, all humidors have this, lol. Doesn't take away from the pleasure knowing this though It has beautiful brass handles on both ends of the outside, and has a skeleton key with gold braiding coming from the end.

The top is easy to lift but you can tell that the seal is tight. It has a tray that can be lifted out. It comes with the standard analog hygrometer, and foam humidifier. Using the advice of some folks on the forum, I bought a digital hygrometer. When I did the calibration test on the analog one, it was off by 17!! I did the test on the digital and it was off by 2. I ripped out the foam of the standard humidifier and put beads in there, thanks to a wonderful friend here on the forum that sent them to me. I also put some beads in a little glass and put in the bottom. Now my humidor is set and keeps my newly acquired cigars all humidified and every time I lift the lid it shows a RH of 68 to 70.

It holds up to 100 cigars (I hope I can find out exactly how many it can hold ;)) The beauty and the functionality of this fine humidor cannot be denied. I've had it for a couple of weeks now and everytime I look at it, the more impressed I am with it.

I've shown pics of it before, but will show more for the purpose of this review. Great humidor.....you bet!!! Love it almost as much as the fine cigars it houses. Most importantly, I trust it to hold my cigars. imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I like it, you made a good choice. I doubt you'll be able to hold 100 cigars, maybe 50 or even 65 depending on the size. Then again it depends on how "full" you stuff it. My 300 only holds like 130 or so. ... well actually I don't know exactly but it's less than 170.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have the same humidor and im not sure how many i have in it. if you take the time to organize it you can cram it full and get many, many cigars in there. ill have to count what i have in mine and post it. im fairly sure i dont have any room left. when i get time ill post how many it has.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    That's a nice analog hygro in there. I really wish they came with digital ones these days. Haven't seen too many cigar smokers use the analogs.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Looks great, and a nice review to boot!

• MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice Humidor!! If you keep getting bombed you'll need some stand bys also!!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a great feeling getting a new humi, how many times a day do you reckon you stop to look at it and lift the lid to sneak a peek at your sticks? :)
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Really nice humidor and same setup as my Rocky Patel one and it works great.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• SalemSalem Posts: 717
    Rhamlin:
    It's a great feeling getting a new humi, how many times a day do you reckon you stop to look at it and lift the lid to sneak a peek at your sticks? :)
    I do it so many times!!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive got 102 cigars to fit in that humidor. i have room for maybe 4 more if i take out the hygrometer.
  • SalemSalem Posts: 717
    kuzi16:
    ive got 102 cigars to fit in that humidor. i have room for maybe 4 more if i take out the hygrometer.
    That's encouraging!!!