Home Cigar 101

Hygrometer and Heartfelt beads Help

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
The brand name Hygrometer and Heartfelt round beads that I purchased came in and I am trying mount them on the top of my humidor... Only problem is that the velcro stickies that I used are now getting moist and I have the things falling to the floor of my Humi...
What is the best way to get those darned things to stay up? I asked my B&M and they said a drop of super blue and let that sit our for 24 hours so the glue doesn't permiate... I find this to be bad for my large Humi. Any suggestions???

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I don't like anything on the lid of my humi just set the beads on the floor and the hygro can sit on top of the cigars.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    I don't like anything on the lid of my humi just set the beads on the floor and the hygro can sit on top of the cigars.
    same here. noting is stuck to the top of my humidor.
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    I had the same problem and just put them on the floor of the humi.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    I had an issue with the velcro on my lid constatly peeling off (no, I'm not talking about a toupe' :P ), resulting in the humidifier falling on top of my cigars. Part of the peeling came from the fact that the velcro would no release easily enough when I removed it for refilling, and so peeled off the element itself. The fix I came up with was strip magnets, like you find on a magnetic board for labels and such. I put some double sided Scotch mounting tape on both magnets and wood, and the magnets hold it securely to the lid while it hangs there, with opening and closing, etc but then the magnets release easily enough when I pull on the humidifier element to take it off and refill.

I use the old element as additional H2O storage in my dry climate, but have a tube of beads inside. Hope this helps! :D