Home Cigar 101
Options

Xikar Rectangular Hygrometer

Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
Anybody having issues with these being off on their readings (in excess of 3-4% +/-)? I've had mine for about 1 1/2 years and even after recalibration they're way off. The circle hygrometers I have are spot on, and always seem to be spot on. It's only the humidity readings....Just not sure why they are so off and have heard mixed review about the rectangular versions when I did a search on the Internet

Comments

• Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I have 2 circle ones and your right those are spot on I was thinking of getting the rectangular one for my first coolidor, I think there hygrometers have lifetime warranty also so maybe you can send it in
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    +1. Im pretty sure chunks is right - if it says Xikar on it, it should hve a lifetime warranty. Might not even have to send it in. I know with the cutters & lighters, if you take it to B&M that sells them, they will exchange it on the spot for you, no questions asked.

• Options
    The Sniper:
    +1. Im pretty sure chunks is right - if it says Xikar on it, it should hve a lifetime warranty. Might not even have to send it in. I know with the cutters & lighters, if you take it to B&M that sells them, they will exchange it on the spot for you, no questions asked.

Thanks all. I also believe they have the warranty but it just strikes me that both of them would be off so much compared to the circle ones...and they're less than two years old!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Just recently purchased two rectangular ones, hope I have better luck brother. How long did you have em before they started acting up?

• Options
    The Sniper:
    Just recently purchased two rectangular ones, hope I have better luck brother. How long did you have em before they started acting up?

1 year :( The circle ones have been flawless though...batteries are also a pain to find and expensive for the rectangle ones unless you order online
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I picked up a rectangular hygro from another site, which shall remain nameless per forum protocol, and it was terrible. Usually off by 4-5% and when the battery died, the only place I could find a replacement was online. Didn't grasp the concept of paying $3 s/h for a .25 battery, so I calibrated the analog hygro that came with the humi and haven't had any problems so far. I do the occasional salt test to make sure I'm within range.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    I picked up a rectangular hygro from another site, which shall remain nameless per forum protocol, and it was terrible. Usually off by 4-5% and when the battery died, the only place I could find a replacement was online. Didn't grasp the concept of paying $3 s/h for a .25 battery, so I calibrated the analog hygro that came with the humi and haven't had any problems so far. I do the occasional salt test to make sure I'm within range.
    exact problem I'm having...readings are about 5% off lol
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    Nick2021:
    Toombes:
    exact problem I'm having...readings are about 5% off lol
    same here. got so mad at it i took it outside and smashed with a hammer