Home Ratings & Reviews

MOWPA...bad draw?

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
So I fired up the MOWPA today...and was totally stoked...until the draw was tighter than heck... Recut, still nothing until about halfway through it. i was really bummed as the flavor profile was above and beyond what I expected. I would buy a box honestly if I new this was not common. It was not pleasant to smoke, but damn it was good once it opened up a bit. Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• 415415 Posts: 951
    ive gone through 4 or 5 boxes of them. not one with a tight draw....
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Weird...I have another, I guess we'll see. It was the worst draw I ever dealt with honestly, but I really liked the flavor.
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    if you have no luck with that one let me know. ill send you one
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Only had one of them but it was a great cigar with no issues. Hope the second one is better for you.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I ordered a box when it first came out. Smoked three and all had really tight draws. Flavor's great, but now, I go outside with a cigar poker just in case.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    415:
    I'm with Kevin on this one, I have gone through a ton and have yet to have a bad one.
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    I have burned through 15 boxes or so and maybe had 5 that I would say were plugged bad enough to be unsmokeable. Not bad odds overall I definitely reccomend trying another one.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've had a few like that as well. It's worth trying again.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    bandyt09:
    415:
    I'm with Kevin on this one, I have gone through a ton and have yet to have a bad one.
    same here...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    I've had a few like that as well. It's worth trying again.
    My thoughts exactly.
  • Knoxca1Knoxca1 Posts: 148 ✭✭
    My first two more or less exploded on me. I gave it one last shot and about 7 or 8 later I've had no issues. I would say give them another try.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    bandyt09:
    415:
    same here...

+2. The only issue I've ever had was one came apart on me completely. But it came out of a buddy's humidor that had very poor rH care. So I attributed it to that and not the stick construction.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I've had my share of PA and they have all been good! I've yet to have a plugged one. What ever you do...don't give up on this one! And if you ever need someone to split a box with ya...pm me!!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    wwhwang:
    I ordered a box when it first came out. Smoked three and all had really tight draws. Flavor's great, but now, I go outside with a cigar poker just in case.
    Been thru three boxes of these beeotches and had a few with crazy tight draws. Poke em out and its all good, but I feel ya - dropping what these things go for MSRP (and I know you didnt because you're all smart shoppers), I shouldnt have to poke ****. If you love em, looking like you're gonna have to stick one every once in a while. :-)

I'll probably end up buying a box here soon... i heard so many good things about them I was surprised at the issue, but it happens sometimes. I'll burn the other probably next week sometime...then talk myself into a box for the coolie
    FYI the 2nd one was excellent
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear it and I really enjoyed the one I had.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I've had about 30 of these so far. Haven''t had a problem yet
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm... got one resting in the humi. Been waiting for a special event, such as the impending birth of my daughter, to spark it up. Guess I'll see if I have any issues and will dutifully report back.
    Toombes:
    Hmmm... got one resting in the humi. Been waiting for a special event, such as the impending birth of my daughter, to spark it up. Guess I'll see if I have any issues and will dutifully report back.
    Better do it now brother - would hate for the stick you fire up to celebrate your brand new babygirl to be a bummer....

The Sniper:
    Toombes:
    Better do it now brother - would hate for the stick you fire up to celebrate your brand new babygirl to be a bummer....

Point taken. Ya know, I do have that tasty Looking Tat I was gifted by CvilleE laying next to the MoWPA...
    Ok, I smoked my MoW PA tonight. Nice smooth draw. Excellent flavors and plenty of thick, almost chewy smoke. The only issue I had was that it didn't last long enough...
    Toombes:
    Ok, I smoked my MoW PA tonight. Nice smooth draw. Excellent flavors and plenty of thick, almost chewy smoke. The only issue I had was that it didn't last long enough...
    See, now THATS the Puro Authentico I know and love! And I find that is much more indicative of the stick-to-stick experience with them... every once in a while you get one with a tough draw, but thats the game we play. Do you have another one? Since I goaded you into smoking a possible "new baby girl" celebration stick, if you dont have another one I will send you a couple. :-)

The Sniper:
    Toombes:
    See, now THATS the Puro Authentico I know and love! And I find that is much more indicative of the stick-to-stick experience with them... every once in a while you get one with a tough draw, but thats the game we play. Do you have another one? Since I goaded you into smoking a possible "new baby girl" celebration stick, if you dont have another one I will send you a couple. :-)

I must concur. The variances from stick to stick, even within the same box, are just part of the hand rolling process. It was a phenomenal smoke. Unfortunately, no I don't have another. I got that one with the Fernandez Taster sampler. A couple extras would be greatly appreciated, if you feel so inclined my good sir. I shall PM u with my contact info.