Home General Discussion

Help me choose a cigar for a friend

My buddy just broke up with his girlfriend of almost 8 years (they were high school sweethearts) and I want to get him something special. He is a maduro freak, and his favorite cigars are the La Aurora Preferido Maduro and the La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero and the Padron 1926 (basically the same as me haha). He had a Diesel UC the other day and loved it. So what, beside a 1926, is a good cigar I could get him for our herf tomorrow? Any suggestions?

Comments

• If he loves the Padron 1926 then he'll bust a nut over the 80th Anniversary.
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Unthought_Known:
    If he loves the Padron 1926 then he'll bust a nut over the 80th Anniversary.
    Lol - he would probably punch me if I spent that much on a monday night cigar: he's an economist. I was thinking something more in the 10-18 dollar range.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    LP No.9, your a good buddy! Its good of you to want to cheer up your friend! Steer him away from liqour!
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    jr_p951:
    LP No.9, your a good buddy! Its good of you to want to cheer up your friend! Steer him away from liqour!
    I've never had a Liga before - I might have to try that. I don't have to worry about him drinking too much, but thanks for lookin out.
  • oldsoulrevival:
    Unthought_Known:
    Lol - he would probably punch me if I spent that much on a monday night cigar: he's an economist. I was thinking something more in the 10-18 dollar range.
    In that case, I'd go for a Padron 1964 or an Oliva V.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Davidoff Maduro.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Macanudo 1997 maduro. A truly smooth maduro.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Camacho Triple Maduro
  • KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    either a Camacho triple maduro, or LP9. both are amazing. hope it ended amicably.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    oldsoulrevival:
    Unthought_Known:
    A.F. Anejo. (Whether its for celebration or to help mend his broken heart). Hope he's OK.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    It has a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper so it's not as dark as most others but I recommend the Tatuaje TAA 2011. Really enjoy that cigar
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    +1 with the anejo. Amazing stick. I would also recommend the Nub Dub if he is the maduro fan. Nothing like a great stick and friends to move past the bumps of life. Good luck
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Anejo would ease my pain. Also, since he likes the LFD DL Maduro, maybe try and get a Litto Gomez Diez for him. A fantastic stick, even though it's not a maduro but anything LFD/Litto can't lead you wrong. Hell, maybe an LFD Digger would make him happy. I hear they are awesome and offer up 3+ hours of smoking enjoyment.