Home Ratings & Reviews

God of Fire

ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
I honestly think this could be one of my best pics so far what do you guys think:

http://thedailycigar.blogspot.com/2012/01/jan-24th-2012-god-of-fire.html

Comments

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Great focus ENFIDL, looks awesome!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Thanks brother! Appreciate the positive feedback
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    E working that camera to death. Lol great pictures as always and loving the progress on the site. What are you going to do when you run out of cigars to put up? At your rate you'll be rolling your own cigars to take a picture by 2013
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    E working that camera to death. Lol great pictures as always and loving the progress on the site. What are you going to do when you run out of cigars to put up? At your rate you'll be rolling your own cigars to take a picture by 2013

Do another E, :).....

• jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Great picture, nice job.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    GREAT shot E! So good in fact it even looked amazing on my cell phone. When you run out of sticks to take photos of, here's an idea... you can start at the beginning again, only THIS time you can make them naked pictures of you, laying down with a "come hither" look on your face, with the cigar obscuring the naughty parts! Of course the cigar manufacturers are going to have to come up with some double-churchill 80 ring gauge monster versions to keep things R rated, but hey - what's art without sacrifice??? Rock on brother, rock on!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I just gave up cigars.
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Are these as good as all the hype leads me to believe? I've yet to try one.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My boy E be doin the damn thing!! thats wsup!
  • slickricslickric Posts: 705
    thats a sick photo man, nice!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    oldsoulrevival:
    Are these as good as all the hype leads me to believe? I've yet to try one.
    They are some of my favorite cigars. Like everything with smoking them though, personal taste is the only thing that will dictate if they are "worth the hype" or not. For me, yes. Worth the hype. That said, I would definitely recommend that newer smokers hold off from lighting up anything you are spending 20+ bucks on until you have developed a really good palate, because a lot of the subtle complexity that makes a cigar worth that price will potentially be lost on an unrefined palate.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I think so, though they aren't going to knock your socks off. Though the series b toro did to me. I love that thing.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    the Carlos is really great. I don't like the Carlito though. not a fan of a lot of cameroon wrappers though.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I agree. IN the 2006 GOF I liked the Don Carlos way more then the Carlito. I also don't like Cameroon wrappers. Someone mentioned these to me lately. Don't remember who it was but, they were giving them a thumbs up as well. Gonna have to get my hands an some of these. Are these similar to the 2006's Dennis or Glen?
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    phobicsquirrel:
    Though the series b toro did to me. I love that thing.
    +1

great photo E
    Anyone compare the 2006 to the 2007 GOF's? I was wondering if it was worth it to get a box of the 2007's.
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate all the great feedback! I loved it and wanted to get everybody's opinion as well my opinion is obviously biased so thank you!

Glen I'm totally down for that. I'll get Royln, Carl and Stephen all in on it too!

phobicsquirrel:
    Anyone compare the 2006 to the 2007 GOF's? I was wondering if it was worth it to get a box of the 2007's.
    I haven't but will see what I can find out for ya
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    phobicsquirrel:
    Only smoked Carlito from 07, but it was pretty much the same as my experience with the 06s.
    docbp87:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Only smoked Carlito from 07, but it was pretty much the same as my experience with the 06s.
    nice to know. I have a lot of the 06's of both blends. I think I'll just sit tight for now. Need to get another box of some series b though.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have an 05, 06 and 07 of both the DC and Carlito. I'll have to check them out. I know that when I had an 05 DC it was freaking awesome.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Outstanding cigar, have 2 boxes of these for a special occasion!
    laker1963:
    I agree. IN the 2006 GOF I liked the Don Carlos way more then the Carlito. I also don't like Cameroon wrappers. Someone mentioned these to me lately. Don't remember who it was but, they were giving them a thumbs up as well. Gonna have to get my hands an some of these. Are these similar to the 2006's Dennis or Glen?
    I've only had the 06 in all variants. Either way, for me, the Cameroon wrapper is a deal breaker when it comes to most Fuente stuff. I'm sure, regardless of year, they would carry the same characteristic. Really, there are only a small few cammy wrapper sticks I've liked.
    When it comes to Fuente you guys know alot more than I do. I personally think that the 06 was the better smoke between the 06 and the 07. The 04 and the 05 is given to the 04.
    lcpleel:
    When it comes to Fuente you guys know alot more than I do. I personally think that the 06 was the better smoke between the 06 and the 07. The 04 and the 05 is given to the 04.
    have you had a DC 04? I've never been able to.find them. Did pick up a few carlito 04s years ago.
    Ive had the God of Fire by Don Carlos 2004 from the 2004 Limited Edition for God of Fire Humidor. The Ecuadorean wrapper was better than the Cameroon wrapper on the Carlito churchill.
    lcpleel:
    Ive had the God of Fire by Don Carlos 2004 from the 2004 Limited Edition for God of Fire Humidor. The Ecuadorean wrapper was better than the Cameroon wrapper on the Carlito churchill.
    got anymore?
    I wish. I havent had one in a while. The older sticks I get are from collectors that have been going to the CF dinners from the first year.
    Figured I would try! ;-)
    rwheelwright:
    Figured I would try! ;-)
    nicely played Rich. well done