Home Ratings & Reviews

AKA Cigar Contest and NEW Irishman Cigars Website!

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey Brothers and Sisters of the Leaf!!

So I have spent the past 3+ weeks making a BRAND NEW website from scratch using a new hosting and domain, along with a totally new software. The site has gone from 8 pages on the original site to now OVER 35 PAGES! All links are interactive, there are polls for rating the reviews, links to TAA and CRA, photo galleries, industry news, interviews with key players in the cigar industry, and more. This has truly been the most difficult and largest project I have done regarding any type of computer work (I'm normally a work with your hands type of guy, woodworking, welding, automotive tech etc) so I did my best and hope you all love it! There are links to several brothers' on here blogs, and much much more!!! PLEASE check it out and start following me!

Jay Lundy, co-owner of AKA Cigars, is helping me kick-off the new launching of my site by doing a contest sponsored by myself and AKA Cigars. There will be a First Place Winner, and two Runner-Up Winners as well. Each winner will be getting a AKA Care Package put together by Jay himself, and a small thank you package from myself as well to be shipped off within 2 weeks of the contest end. Here are the rules and what you need to do to win, and good luck to all! Please play and please give TONS of feedback!!! Thanks everyone!!

Starting January 30th through February 3rd, Irishman Cigars and AKA Cigars will be hosting a “Scavenger Hunt” contest!

There will be 6 words scattered through Irishman Cigars website and Facebook Page, and AKA Cigars website and Facebook page. It will be broken up with 3 of the “code words” being hidden throughout Jay’s website and Facebook page, and the other 3 “code words” hidden thoughout Irish’s website and Facebook page. All 6 words will be clearly identified as the hidden “code-words” so that no confusion occurs.

In order to win, you must “Friend” AKA Cigars and Irishman Cigars on Facebook, and then email the 6 “code words” to myself via the contest email listed below and include your name, address, and Twitter name (if you are on Twitter) so that Jay and myself can send you your winnings if selected! There will be 3 winners picked at random after the week time limit is up, one 1st place winner and two runners-up!
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NEW Irishman Cigars website can be found by clicking on the hotlink in my signature, or by using the following link: http://irishmancigars.webplus.net/

To get to the FB page of Irishman Cigars use the following link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Irishman-Cigars/300432869991878

Please "Like" me on FB and follow me on Twitter @Irishmancigars, and start using the resources and pages I put up there for you guys and everyone else!! THANK YOU!!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Looks good man! Congrats on the new site and I updated the link on my blog to yours. I tried adding you to the rss feeds but it won't accept your site for some reason :/
  • SalemSalem Posts: 717
    You have a nice webesite! I'm looking forward to the contest. Looks like you worked really hard on the site.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Never mind... I found it!
    Thanks for all the support Brothers and Sisters!!! In all honesty the "Scavenger Hunt" isn't that tough to find because Jay and I wanted everyone to participate, instead of making it tough and only having five or six people submit their names etc, so we made it easier but spread out enough that you really do have to look through all of the pages on both of our sites and FB Pages. The first two "codewords" are posted (one on my website and one of AKA's website) and the next two will be posted Tuesday night on our FB Pages, and the last two to be posted Thursday night on the sites, which sites we won't say to make it a bit more challenging, but the final two will be posted Thursday night!

I looked back through and didn't like the uber-grainy background on the first couple pages, so I changed it and it looks 10X better now. I also added on the last page "Contact The Irish" all of the email's, FB Page addresses, and Twitter names without hotlinks in case someone doesn't use Outlook Express etc, so they could still get the info without a hassle.

Thank you ALL, REALLY! Please please please please please send me feedback and ideas, I desperately want this site to be one of the most comprehensive and go-to sites on the net (in relation to cigars) and one of the best resources for information as well! Thanks again, and LONG ASHES MY FRIENDS!

-- Brett
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job on the site Brett and sounds like a fun contest. Yet another reason to get my wife griping at me:)
    Rhamlin:
    Great job on the site Brett and sounds like a fun contest. Yet another reason to get my wife griping at me:)
    What time does the contest start/when will we be able to find the first words?
    Rhamlin:
    Rhamlin:
    What time does the contest start/when will we be able to find the first words?
    Contest starts at Midnight tonight, technically that is 12:01 am Monday, and the first word is already posted in my website and I'm sure Jay will have his posted by morning tomorrow on the AKA Website!
    Okay folks so day 1 of the contest is now underway, so get over to the site and start hunting!
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    2/6 Also I love the new site
    Thanks Spencer! Glad everything is starting smoothly and that everyone enjoys the site :)
    I shall throw it to win. I really wanna try an Amerkan kikass stogie :insert southern accent:.
    Found 2, do we wait till we get all 6 to send the email or as we go?
    Wait for all six, the next two will be posted sometime today on mine and AKA's FB pages! Remember you have to like our pages to meet conditions as well :)
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I don't do the facebook.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Going to check it out. If you get a chance Brett, PM me. I can't PM you for some reason or another.

90+ Irishman:
    Wait for all six, the next two will be posted sometime today on mine and AKA's FB pages! Remember you have to like our pages to meet conditions as well :)
    I thought yesterday so I was like "WTF WHERE ARE THEY I'VE BEEN THROUGH EVERY PICTURE RAAHGAAH." But now I know.
    Look for the second set of two codewords to be posted today on the AKA and Irishman Cigars FB pages! Thanks for playing and thanks again for all the support brothers and sisters!
    90+ Irishman:
    When I tried to like AKA's FB page there wasn't a like button just add friend, does that count?
    Rhamlin:
    90+ Irishman:
    When I tried to like AKA's FB page there wasn't a like button just add friend, does that count?
    Yes it does, thanks Ricky! For everyone else, the second set of Codewords are posted!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Im CRUSHED that in not on the friends of the Irish ;p
    *cough*you forgot to post the last codeword*cough*
    scarlin:
    *cough*you forgot to post the last codeword*cough*
    Yeah I've found all but one, have you posted your final word yet Brett?
    The final Codeword will be posted by this evening brothers and sisters :) There is a snowstorm/blizzard still going on and has taken up a large part of the focus lol, so far there is over 14" on the ground here in Longmont, and I am supposed to do my orientation tonight in Boulder (20 min away on a normal day, now maybe an hour) from 5-9pm with it still snowing... dunno how that will work, but we shall see! Final codeword to be posted soon guys!
    14" wow! We've only had snow like 3 times here and none more than a inch this year. Be careful driving brother.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    90+ Irishman:
    The final Codeword will be posted by this evening brothers and sisters :) There is a snowstorm/blizzard still going on and has taken up a large part of the focus lol, so far there is over 14" on the ground here in Longmont, and I am supposed to do my orientation tonight in Boulder (20 min away on a normal day, now maybe an hour) from 5-9pm with it still snowing... dunno how that will work, but we shall see! Final codeword to be posted soon guys!
    Love snow! Really jealous. Sorry to hear you have to do your orientation in that brother. Be safe!!!
    Everything went well so it's good to go! I'm running through the contestant entries this afternoon and then doing the random drawing and announcing the winners this evening! Thanks to ALL who supported me on this and played as well!!
    90+ Irishman:
    Everything went well so it's good to go! I'm running through the contestant entries this afternoon and then doing the random drawing and announcing the winners this evening! Thanks to ALL who supported me on this and played as well!!
    You're killing me smalls!
    Thanks for everyone who played, the winners are as follows, and YES it was chosen at random. All names were pooled into a hat and then draw not by me, but by my wife so no bias was present at all. Awesomely enough however our three winners were all Ccom brothers! 1st Place is Ricky Hamlin, our very own Rhamlin here on Ccom! The two runner-ups are Spencer Carlin and Matt Miller! Scarlin and Lonewolf, you guys are the two other winners! Thank you guys for all the help! Jay will be shipping out your packages soon, and mine are being built and assembled to go out shortly as well! Thank you all!!!
    Awesome ! Thanks for the contest Brett. And congrats also to Scarlin and Lonewolf.