Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Oliva Master Blends III

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
I saw in the current issue of the cc.com newsletter that Oliva came out with another Master Blend smoke. Has anyone tried one of these yet? I am thinking about buying some.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Kreig, these have been out for at least a year. They are a fantastic smoke. If you like Oliva products, grab a handfull of these cause you will want more.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, guess I have been living under a rock...that's the first time I heard they came out the the III's. I will definitely grab a few.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Its the only one I have had. I wasn't smoking when they had the first two. My understanding is that the MB2 is the best.
  • Options
    Cool, if I see any II's, I will grab one and have something to compare.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Disregard my last...it is the MB1 that is the best...if you can find it.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    hmm, well for some reason I'm just not on the Olivia bandwagon. I have yet to really like one. The 3 wasn't that great, the O wasn't all that, I did sort of like the V (haven't had the maduro yet) but I'm always looking for a new line. I wonder why the 1 would be better, but anyway thanks for the info Andy, I will be eying it as I have to at least like one blend..
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    phobicsquirrel:
    hmm, well for some reason I'm just not on the Olivia bandwagon. I have yet to really like one. The 3 wasn't that great, the O wasn't all that, I did sort of like the V (haven't had the maduro yet) but I'm always looking for a new line. I wonder why the 1 would be better, but anyway thanks for the info Andy, I will be eying it as I have to at least like one blend..

Like most cigars the 1 is better in some peoples eyes and the 2 or 3 are better to others.
    Dep very graciously bombed me with a MB3 and it was with the exception of a couple of ISOM cigars the BEST stick I have lit up.
    But like I said above... this is MY opinion.
    The difference between the 1, 2 and 3 blends are the different blends of wrapper, binder, and fillers used in each blend.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:

Like most cigars the 1 is better in some peoples eyes and the 2 or 3 are better to others.
    Dep very graciously bombed me with a MB3 and it was with the exception of a couple of ISOM cigars the BEST stick I have lit up.
    The difference between the 1, 2 and 3 blends are the different blends of wrapper, binder, and fillers used in each blend.
    lol, I kind of figured that... I've tried a toro and a robusto and just couldn't get into them..
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:

lol, I kind of figured that... I've tried a toro and a robusto and just couldn't get into them..

What did you kinda figure Pheebs? The opinion part or the different blend part? It did seem obvious... but you did ask the question, mon ;)
  • Options
    umm, the different construction of the cigar. I was just wondering specifically what separates them. Not that I need anyone to go looking for it. Like anything it all comes down to taste. I would like to try the other MB's though.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    umm, the different construction of the cigar. I was just wondering specifically what separates them. Not that I need anyone to go looking for it. Like anything it all comes down to taste. I would like to try the other MB's though.

I've had the 2 and 3 and I liked the 3 better. I read a good article about the series, it was really interesting with the different blends all explained. I'll see if I can find it. It may have even been at the company site.