Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

8 inches of Gurkha all up in ya'

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
Has anyone had an opportunity to try the Gurkha Estate Selection Vintage? It was included in the cigar of the month offering? I'm always wary of Gurkha. There's been so few in their line that I've tried that I can say I truly enjoyed. And eight inches is a real commitment.

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I am not sure what the diffence is between the Gurkha Estate Selection Vintage Shaggy and the regular Shaggy. I have the regular Shaggy Natural Torpedo and thought it was awesome for a more mild cigar. I have had the Maduro too but I don't remember much about it. To be honest, I had 10 of the and lost most of them due to beetles. And... I believe the beetles came from them. I had a 5 pack in 2 different humidors and both of them got beetles and even though I lost some other cigars I lost ALL of the Shaggy Maduro I didn't smoke. This was a long time ago though. Maybe 2008 - 2009.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    And eight inches is a real commitment.

That's what she said!!

(sorry...I have absolutely nothing else to add to this thread - never had one of these).
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Toro+ is a commitment.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Heavy:
    y2pascoe:
    And eight inches is a real commitment.

That's what she said!!

(sorry...I have absolutely nothing else to add to this thread - never had one of these).
    ZING!
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Pretty good selection for the com shipment, have to smoke this one just to free up space. My isolation humi can barley fit this long stick.
  • Options
    funny thing Mike, I was just shifting that beast around in my humidor....takes up a lot of valuable room! I have to wait until summer to smoke it, dont feel like freezing my ass off for 3 hours.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    As I write this, I'm taking a break from it. Already 2+ hours and there's still 3 inches left. Man, what a big smoke. Not bad at all for a Ghurka. Good spices working in the lower end. I didn't care for the shaggy foot. The tobacco needs the wrapper.
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    The inconvenience of having this stick outweighed my delight at having a cigar that would last me from lunch until dinner. I am SOOOOO maxed out on space right now, that I might literally only have room for 3 or 4 more cigars.

that being said, I am MORE than excited about the pre-embargo, as well as the Rocky Patel Sun Grown. I've been dying to try those. Plus another LADC Mi Amor is always welcomed.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Haven't had the ESV, yet, but acewoodson turned me on to the Grand Reserve last night. Had one on the way back from our herf and it was awesome! It's cured with cognac so it has just the right amount of sweetness without being overwhelming. It was a 2 hr drive home and I still sat on the front porch for nearly another hour finishing it off. Well worth the money, IMO.