Home Ratings & Reviews

Herf a Dor help

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm sure many of you BOTL own one. I've just been using a nice cigar box with a few cigar tubes in it. I'm thinking of buying a her a dor, looking at the 5 ct and the 15 ct. I honestly don't see myself carrying up to 15 sticks at one time, maybe 3-4 even 5 at the most. How ever, the 15 ct. is only a few bucks more than the 5 ct. Should I just go ahead and get the 15 or will I be happy with the 5. Also, will my lighter and cutter fit in the 5 ct when full? Your thoughts and opinions are much appreciated. Thanks
Daniel
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    My .02 is go with the 15 man. I have a 5 and a 15 and I prefer the 15 for a lot of situations. Room for extra cigars, can't hurt to have extras and variety, and it gives me space for my cutter, lighter, matches, etc. The size is the only real disadvantage to the 15 imo
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    More room than needed is ALWAYS better than not enough.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    oh... and I speak that from experience. I had a 5ct, then I got another 5ct, then I got tired of carrying 2 all the time so I said screw it and got a 40ct. Never looked back.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking at the 15 and it just seems like there is so much room to where the cigars/lighter/cutter would be really loose, bouncing around in there. Does it come with extra foam?
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Yes mine came with like 3 layers of foam. This is the route to go.....
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a 10 ct and I've found that if I'm putting thicker sticks in them it only holds 8.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    i got a 5ct but the 15ct is on my list of things to buy, thinking of when i go to Vegas or camping and stuff like that
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I also have a 5ct and a 15ct. I find myself using my 15ct when I go herfing, and my 5 count when I just hang out at a buddies house. IMO, the 15ct is probably the way to go. Extra room for accessories and it does come w/ extra foam. I just toss in a water pillow and then I'm ready to roll.

"Long ashes my friends."

• skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I have a 5 and a 15, but honestly, I'm always carrying the 15. But then again, I usually pack it with 3-5 for me and throw in a handful of stuff to pass out to friends, mooches or anyone that doesn't smoke but wants to try. It's nice to have a couple things packed along that might get someone new interested.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    You'll end up with both eventually, so just pick the one you think you'll use more now.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go with the 15 count, I will send you a 5 count; solves both issues, lol. 15 count its great for carrying cigars and accessories. It also allows you more of a selection. Also, if you have the 15 count and meet up with some unexpected BOTL, you now have extras to share.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    bandyt09:
    Go with the 15 count, I will send you a 5 count; solves both issues, lol. 15 count its great for carrying cigars and accessories. It also allows you more of a selection. Also, if you have the 15 count and meet up with some unexpected BOTL, you now have extras to share.

+1 - I got the 15 count for when I travel. The 5 count is great for when I head to my buddies house or when I head out to work. I say you cant go wrong with both. :D
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Herfadors IMHO fall into the same categories as humidors and coolidors - bigger is always better! Honestly, I seldom have any idea what I will be in the mood for on a given day, so I stock my 15ct with a nice range of sticks. May be a little silly, but it gives me a much happier feeling to have that much variety rather than looking at 3 or 5 sticks when wanting a smoke and going "Yeah, not really in the mood for any of these...."

Also, I use a single Drymistat tube in mine. Seems to do a little with changes in ambient temperature and humidity in changing environments.

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    It all depends what you are going to need it for. If you're just going from your house to your friends house you could use a ziploc bag really. If you want more protection but are still not concerned with size than go for the 15. If size is an issue than go with the 5 or multiples of 5.

I take my cigars on backcountry trips all year long where I'm cramming everything into my backpack and the bulk of the 15 is way out of the question. I have better luck taking a couple 5 counts because I can fit them into smaller areas of my pack easier.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Just buy both and quit asking silly questions.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went ahead and ordered the 15 ct. Thanks for everyones input.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    beatnic:
    Just buy both and quit asking silly questions.
    +1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Did you buy the Valentines special here? 15 ct, 5 sticks, lighter and cutter. Can't be beat.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Get the 15. I went with the 5 and i wish i would have got the 15. More space is always a plus incase you run out of room in your humios or coolers