Home Cigar 101

Humi-Care Humidifer

So on the instruction sheet for the Humidifer it says to submerge the entire humidifier in distilled water for 12 hours. I put it in water at 7:45pm, it is now about 1am and the crystals inside expanded so much that they forced the casing apart and now all the invisible (until you pull them out of the water) crystals are floating around in the bowl of water...is this a defect or normal? I guess I can just put all the crystals back into the case and snap it back together...?

Comments

• Never mind, found my own answer. I Googled this humidifier and it seems they have started using crystals that are better and absorb more water much more quickly. The new instructions should say to only submerge for 4 hours instead of 12!! No wonder they popped the casing open after 5.5 hours! So if you are going to purchase this humidifier only submerge it for 4 hours, not 12! I'm going to see if CCom will give me an exchange, I tried to strain the crystals out of the bowl and some of them slipped through down the drain, slippery SOBs!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Wow. Sorry to hear that, TRumble. Doesn't say much for Humi-Care that they can't put manage to put matching instructions and product in the same box.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Wow. Sorry to hear that, TRumble. Doesn't say much for Humi-Care that they can't put manage to put matching instructions and product in the same box.
    Not only that but it makes me wonder what the hell kinda crystals they're using... I'm using the Xikar and Madeleine crystal humidifiers and both of those to "charge" initially you just lay them flat on their back and fill them up to the top of the grating with water... 10 minutes later the crystals have fully absorbed the water and it's ready to go... Refills are done the same way... Having to soak it for even 4 hours? That's just odd...
  • I had the same problem tonight. I soaked mine for 12 hours and the casing popped as soon as I took it out. I called Ccom's customer service and they put one in the mail tonight, no questions asked. I'm really impressed with the way this company treats their customers!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Marshallrocks80:
    I called Ccom's customer service and they put one in the mail tonight, no questions asked. I'm really impressed with the way this company treats their customers!
    ... that's what I like to hear
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Marshallrocks80:
    I called Ccom's customer service and they put one in the mail tonight, no questions asked. I'm really impressed with the way this company treats their customers!
    They paying you now kas? ;)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    Marshallrocks80:
    They paying you now kas? ;)
    No, I was just getting upset with that gift certificate BS on the other thread. These guys have never done me wrong and I know there is an explanation for any bad experiences people may have. I want the last impression to be positive. Late flash... A 25 dollar gift card never hurt though..