Home Ratings & Reviews

Particulares

Just saw that they are new to ccom....has anyone tried these yet.....was thinkin bout gettin some maybe doing a split if anyone is interested?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I picked up a fiver about a month ago, which I'm fairly sure are the revamped, Honduras made blends. I wasn't terribly impressed, though it's not a bad cigar. Perhaps a different vitola would be more enjoyable.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I got a fiver for Christmas and hope to try them soon, I will let you know.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I liked this cigar. While I am not a huge fan of illusions, viaje and the like, this cigar to me was every bit as good at a fraction of the price. I think it has good aging potential. I plan on putting a box away once I settle on which size I like best.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Just wanted to bump this back to the top - what kinda flavors are you guys getting from this one? When I had one 2 nights ago, there was a very dominant flavor, maybe wood or leather, that was present thorughout, and after the halfway point, there was a bit of a sweet undertone to it.

Can anyone tell me more about what I'm tasting?

• xmacro:
    Just wanted to bump this back to the top - what kinda flavors are you guys getting from this one? When I had one 2 nights ago, there was a very dominant flavor, maybe wood or leather, that was present thorughout, and after the halfway point, there was a bit of a sweet undertone to it.

Can anyone tell me more about what I'm tasting?

I have never had one of these, but Alex said they are something like Illuisions. I always got a kind of earthy berry taste off the old Ills'. Is that what you are getting from these?
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I can't really be sure since I've never had much success at identifying flavors. The flavor is hard to describe, it's something deep and strong, and I think it's either leather or wood. I only picked up a slight sweetness around the halfway point though, so I dunno if it's berry or not
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I finally got mine in today. For some reason they were delayed over the weekend so I'm going to let them sit for a while before I try them.
    j0z3r:
    I picked up a fiver about a month ago, which I'm fairly sure are the revamped, Honduras made blends. I wasn't terribly impressed, though it's not a bad cigar. Perhaps a different vitola would be more enjoyable.
    Which size was the one you didn't care for Joe?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Which size was the one you didn't care for Joe?
    Robusto. And it's not so much that I didn't care for it, I just wasn't impressed with it. Decent stick overall.
    I had the Toro today and this:
    j0z3r:
    I just wasn't impressed with it. Decent stick overall.
    Pretty much describes my experience. For the price I paid I'm not upset, but for the price it's listed at there are other sticks I would much rather have.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I agree, this stick is ok, but it is not a shining star and will never turn heads. Maybe with age it will improve. I still have 3 resting.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    I liked this cigar. While I am not a huge fan of illusions, viaje and the like, this cigar to me was every bit as good at a fraction of the price. I think it has good aging potential. I plan on putting a box away once I settle on which size I like best.
    I love Illusione, so I'm hoping these really are every bit as good. I just got the 8-cigar sampler in, and it is really hard letting them get any rest. Hopefully I can hold out at least 3-4 days to try them, lol.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    The Beard hooked me up with a few on an order a couple weeks ago, maybe I'll try one tomorrow while I read my book.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if I'd go as far as to say every bit as good as Illusione, but they are damn good smokes. I just had my first one, the toro, and it was great. Let me start off by saying it was a little harsh (just a tad) but I am almost certain that will be fixed with a little age. They do have a similar flavor profile to the Illusiones, but they are different. I'll have to smoke a MJ12 now to give a better comparison.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    X2...not sure what it was but it definitely didn't impress me and was a little harsh on my end. I out it in my aging humi to see if that helps with some of the bitterness. May impress me deferently later on
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Necrothreading here, but I just had to share my experience. Smoked one on the way to work this morning, and when I looked the Particulares in the review thread I was surprised by all the "Meh" comments. Was a really good smoke, tons of smoke, good burn and excellent flavors (lot of wood, which is always a plus for me). I dont know what the difference was... I had it in the torpedo and nobody mentioned that size in the thread, and this cigar was gifted to me some time ago so I cant speak to how much time it had on it. I only know it was a good experience for me, and I WILL be picking up more of these in the future! :-)

• gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    I picked up 10 of these (torp's) a few months back as I understood from ccom that they were being discontinued. I really like this smoke and am disappointed they won't be available....just checked and they don't show up on the regular ccom cigar list tab. I don't know if they might be available elsewhere, but if you like this stick you best stock up.
    Looks like that 5 pack has about a year on it now, maybe I'll dig it out, and give them another shot. Assuming I haven't given them away over the past year.
    double
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I remember really liking this smoke but it's been a while since I had one, since they first came out to be exact. If they're being discontinued I'd better smoke another and see if I should stock up!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    gripnrip:
    I picked up 10 of these (torp's) a few months back as I understood from ccom that they were being discontinued. I really like this smoke and am disappointed they won't be available....just checked and they don't show up on the regular ccom cigar list tab. I don't know if they might be available elsewhere, but if you like this stick you best stock up.
    Just my luck! Seems like this is happening a lit lately. First it was the San Miguel, now the Particulares... a lot of faves are getting tough to find.

• DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I tried one and it wholloped me.. gues I'll need to try another now.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I've only had a few of them, but I remember liking them quite a bit. Not enough to warrant a full review or rush out to buy some... but I do remember thinking that they were surprisingly good.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    gripnrip:
    Just my luck! Seems like this is happening a lit lately. First it was the San Miguel, now the Particulares... a lot of faves are getting tough to find.

Yeah the news of the San Miguels was tough to hear..so I had to grab at least 1 box of them from Tim.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Lit one up recently after putting them away last year from being harsh...the time in the humidor DEFINITELY helped...actually liked it. I also went to see if I could get some more only to see they aren't on CCOM anymore, what is the reason for them no longer being available?
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    I have seen them recently (even today) on the Sprint Sale offered with another stick (Illusion?). If they are being sold there, if you really want some, maybe a call to the Beard?
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    LOL, I smoked one last night. It was the third last one in my box I purchased last year. I really like these and a few months rest does them a world of good. I also really like the band. When opened it is a key. ( anyone else notice?) I am going to have to track another box of these down for the future. Good stick, at least in the Toro's.
    I'm tempted to go dig, and see if I have any left after lunch. If they don't taste good after a year, they're probably not going to get better.