Home Ratings & Reviews

Ave Maria Corona

So, it was a quiet night tonight, and I decided that instead of going out, I would spark up the Ave Maria Corona. What a nice smoke that was! It was the first corona size I've ever smoked, and it was perfect for a solo-smoking night. Perfect burn from start to finish, 2 very noticeable transitions, and a couple mild ones. Kept my interest and really satisfied my hankering this evening. I paired it with a Bell's Winter White Ale, and I couldn't be happier. AJ Fernandez never ceases to amaze me.

hard workout + filling dinner + great cigar + great beer + mild winter weather (45 deg.) + toasty fire = exceptional evening!

Comments

• MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Dooood Ave Maria is one of my all time favs!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Just finished an Arc of the Covenant myself....a fat little BOMB!
    Try one of those if you get the chance

• Agreed. I had my first Ave last weekend and I am now a fan.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Ave Maria
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I LOVE the Ave Maria. I've had it in three different sizes (can't recall all three sizes without looking at my notes) but the corona is my fav. The past year I have gone to a few weddings and it has been my go to stick to bring with me. I'm thinking of buying a box of them come this spring. I have a few corona's left and one or two in a different size (can't remember right now, damn my drunk, foggy mind). AJ is the man. I think I might add him to my will.

Rob
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had the corona yet, I was actually looking at some of the smalelr vitola's adn am on a corona kick as of late. I love the Ave's...and almost everything I've had from AJ honestly
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I really enjoy the Ave Maria. More than most cigars, actually. And I LOVE AJ's coronas... but the AM corona is my least fav in the AM line... just my opinion, but I think this blend does better in the bigger RGs.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Bro, I partook of an Ave Maria Barbarosa Wednesday and it was awesome! A nice warm day, a cup of good coffee and an exceptional stick... doesn't get much better. I burned that bad boy down to an 1" nub. I just couldn't put it down. Wrote that one down in my "gott have a box" list.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    If you think the AM is tasty, you should splurge and give the Recon a shot. Awesome flavor profile and extremely complex.
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Steve2010:
    If you think the AM is tasty, you should splurge and give the Recon a shot. Awesome flavor profile and extremely complex.
    I have one, but I am saving it for a special occasion
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    I really enjoy the Ave Maria. More than most cigars, actually. And I LOVE AJ's coronas... but the AM corona is my least fav in the AM line... just my opinion, but I think this blend does better in the bigger RGs.
    I'll keep that in mind, I have the Barb's...and they are awesome. I was looking at the Ark's too due to the length and ring gauge, I think I might go that route as they look like a solid hour beast.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    catfishbluezz:
    I haven't had the corona yet, I was actually looking at some of the smalelr vitola's adn am on a corona kick as of late. I love the Ave's...and almost everything I've had from AJ honestly
    Personally, I like the Ave Clermont (5.5 x 45) and the Knights Templar (6 x 48). If you don't need a lot of complexity, and really like an excellent, straight-up medium bodied cigar with near perfect construction, these two fit the bill for me.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got some in the robusto size. Hopping a few months rest will do something for them. It was good but I was expecting more. It wasn't good enuf that I'd buy more. Haven't gotten around to the Recon yet, to expensive if I wound up being disappointed.