Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

San Miguel torpedo...

Ok, after reading several reviews that were quite positive, I decided to buy a box of them. They look good, nice pressed format, decent looking wrapper, etc. Maybe my issue is I smoked one, the day after I received them, but honestly, I didn't like it at all. Many other cigars I anticipated the arrival of, I enjoyed RotT, but not this one. First of all, it was as if it was rolled by a drunk gorilla. The wrapper looked fine but on feeling the cigar lightly rolled in my fingers, parts were like rocks, and parts were soft and under-filled. The burn was horrible. The flavor was creamy, but lacked anything I found appealing. More charred tasting on the palate, and cardboard nuances. I'm not discounting them as bad yet, but I'm asking, how long should they rest before I try again for those that like them? I'm hoping these will get better unlike the Ave Maria sizes I've smoked so far that I find not good at all. And yes I know, smoking just one, a chance does not make, hence the reason I'm asking how long ro age them.

Comments

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes you get lucky ROTT and sometimes the sticks went through hell. Sounds like it went through hell AND might have been a poorly rolled one. Try again in a week.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of San Miguel. The flavor wasn't for me and I aged a few of them for a handful of months, re-visited them and still didn't like them. The time spent in the humi didn't change their flavor although a few months is not long enough to really change anything except the RH.

I ended up trading them away to someone who was in love with them and got some cigars I liked in exchange. This is something you should always keep in mind ~ if you don't like them throw up a thread in the 'Trades' section and send them to someone who does.
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    bigharpoon:
    I'm not a fan of San Miguel. The flavor wasn't for me and I aged a few of them for a handful of months, re-visited them and still didn't like them. The time spent in the humi didn't change their flavor although a few months is not long enough to really change anything except the RH.

I ended up trading them away to someone who was in love with them and got some cigars I liked in exchange. This is something you should always keep in mind ~ if you don't like them throw up a thread in the 'Trades' section and send them to someone who does.

trading is an idea, bit cigars I have that don't fit the profile I like I normally give to a really good friend of mine that is out of work and he and his wife are struggling to make ends meet, or i send them in a care package to a friend stationed overseas. He and his Marine buddies smoke them. While trading is a great way to try other cigars, friends in need/down on their luck, or friends in harm's way are more deserving than my chance to trade for something I might like.

I might hold on to a fiver to trade if I decide I just don't like them