Home General Discussion
Options

Mardi Gras

This town is alive and kicking. Music, food, revelry, you name it. Packed! 100% hotel occupancy. If you can't have a good time here and now in New Orleans, check your pulse.
Some folks costume, some dance, some drink, some act, everybody eats and has a good time. And I smoke massive amounts of cigars while enjoying the outdoor activities.
Happy Mardi Gras all!

Comments

• Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Being from south Mississppi...I love me some Mardi Gras!! New Orleans is a fantastic place for adult fun! Man, I wish I was there!!!
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Mardi gras in the big easy is on my bucket list, enjoy brother
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you hang out at Armando's place there? Right next to the action but kind of small.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I drop by and see Armando when I'm down in the French Quarter, but its' hard to visit with any regularity. Very knowledgable guy. And he gives me the local's discount.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    THIS THREAD NEEDS PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I miss hitting Mardi Gras... Spent a week in Nawlins earlier this year taking a National Safety Council course.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    bigharpoon:
    +1
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    I miss hitting Mardi Gras... Spent a week in Nawlins earlier this year taking a National Safety Council course.
    Yeah. Most people need a safety course to spend a week in Nawlins. LOL
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    Well, its' not a float, but it should float your boat. LOL
    "photo removed"image
  • Options
    gonna get in trouble for that. LOL
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mardi gras galveston enough for me,lol, but i stay away
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Im tempted to make the 8 hour drive down ther this weekend! I always wanted to experience mardi gras in person.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Had some good times down on St. Charles.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Imgembo:
    Im tempted to make the 8 hour drive down ther this weekend! I always wanted to experience mardi gras in person.
    Party ends at Midnight Tuesday. Still a nice place to visit.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    beatnic:
    Direwolf:
    Yeah. Most people need a safety course to spend a week in Nawlins. LOL
    Loved hitting 18 and being able to cross the state line to go drinking. Gotta love drive up booze stores.
  • Options
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    THROW ME SOM'N MISTA!!! WOOOOOOOOO...pause to gulp my beer...WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

King Cake is freak'n awesome too! The cream cheese filled ones are killer! Wrap it up with a crawfish boil and more beer in the evening and its like heaven on Earth! The day just doesn't get any better! Well...the wife would hook it up but thats another story.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Stationed at Fort Polk for four years and somehow we ALWAYS ended up in the dang field for Mardi Gras!