Home Ratings & Reviews

Man O'War Puro Authentico Maduro

AJ did the cigar smoking world a favor when he blended the San Lotano Habano and Oval, but when he added a maduro wrapper to the same basic binder and filler, something weird happened. Not that it’s bad, but it just didn’t wow me. It’s like the blend is mismatched.

Now we have the Man O’War Puro Authentico Maduro (MOWPAM). Is it going to be a hit or a miss?

Pulling off the cello reveals a dark, oily wrapper with a few small veins and the MOWPA pigtail cap. It has the same band as the MOWPA. The cigar is solidly rolled and no soft spots can be felt.

The smell is peaty and leathery with a hint of pepper. Tasting the cap reveals cinnamon and black pepper.

After firing it up, the initial flavors are well-oiled leather and pepper. The retrohale almost brings tears. I can tell right off the bat that this is an AJ blend.

The draw is flawless and produces a huge volume of smoke..

A little less than an inch in and I can detect some dark chocolate, coffee, and a faint nuance of caramel. At this point, the strength is medium, bordering on full.

The ash holds on until the halfway point and the burn is razor straight. From the halfway point until the end, the flavors keep getting more intense. The cigar is definitely full strength at this point and doesn’t let up at all.

It took me all of 30 minutes to finish this one. I know for a fact that I smoked it too fast, but there’s only two words to describe the MOWPAM. Holy Schitt.

As good as the original MOWPA is, the MOWPAM just upped the ante in the full-flavor, full-bodied sweepstakes.

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Glad to hear this is a good one. I am excited to get some and try them out
  • KimemKimem Posts: 6
    Have a bundle sitting in my coolidor waiting for me. After your post, can't wait to fire one up, maybe tonight with a small touch of knob hill....
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    THATS IT!.......I'm buying some!
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    I normally don't try cigars OTP (Off The Plane), but since CCOM ships with the humi pillow and the temperatures haven't risen above 70, I figured why not.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    ENFIDL:
    Glad to hear this is a good one. I am excited to get some and try them out
    +1
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    me too, i should have mine by this weekend.

"Long ashes my friends."

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Yup in my opinion they are everything we love about the original MOWPA but with the added smokey, meaty and slight sweetness on the finish from the PA Wrapper. This is winner.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I gotta order some of those badboys.. The MOWPA is one of my favs.
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Sound like another winner for the MOW line. I don't have any of these so for now I'll have to enjoy the original until I have some room.
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    man i want one now
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    You guys are killin' me! I'm out of $ so it will have to wait.