Home General Discussion

Mi Barrio

JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
They're supposedly a small batch production from DPG, aged for a full year before release, and offered in limited quantities. Anybody had them, & if so what did you think?

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I like em def box worthy (for me anyway),, so far the el acere is my fav vitola
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    hoping to get a review up soon, just need to get it typed up....along with many others but just have not had the time.

in short, its a great stick
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    The Kid:
    If you were choosing between them and the Padron '26 (my yardstick for the best legal cigars avaliable to the US market), which do you pick?
    For me Padron!!!,, But you can pick up the mi barrios for considerably less..shoot me your addy and Ill send ya a couple mi barrios to sample
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Glad to see rave reviews on these. I've been looking to try them out.
    The Kid:
    For me Padron!!!,, But you can pick up the mi barrios for considerably less..shoot me your addy and Ill send ya a couple mi barrios to sample
    I'll do a trade ... whadaya say?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    JDH:
    The Kid:
    If you were choosing between them and the Padron '26 (my yardstick for the best legal cigars avaliable to the US market), which do you pick?
    pardon without hesitation.

the mi barrio is a good smoke for friends or around the fire or on a tuesday where nothing special has happened. i would not feel bad smoking them on any day at all. dont get me wrong, the mi barrio is good, but not even in my top 5 of DPG. and for that matter, not even close to my top 20 cigars.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    JDH:
    The Kid:
    pardon without hesitation.

the mi barrio is a good smoke for friends or around the fire or on a tuesday where nothing special has happened. i would not feel bad smoking them on any day at all. dont get me wrong, the mi barrio is good, but not even in my top 5 of DPG. and for that matter, not even close to my top 20 cigars.
    try one after a couple years rest, yum my
    JDH:
    The Kid:
    pm sent, i like em a bit more than Kuzi does, obviously you will have to decide for yourself
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Never had one, but judging by what I've read, my love for DPG, and the pricing I'm buying a box to store any day. In regard to Padron 26 though, cost wise i cannot see comparing the two. I am in love with the regular Padron's though and the 64/26 maddy's, but not the naturals.
    The Kid:
    JDH:
    The Kid:
    pm sent, i like em a bit more than Kuzi does, obviously you will have to decide for yourself
    pm sent....repeat after me...1..2..3..4..5
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    catfishbluezz:
    Never had one, but judging by what I've read, my love for DPG, and the pricing I'm buying a box to store any day. In regard to Padron 26 though, cost wise i cannot see comparing the two. I am in love with the regular Padron's though and the 64/26 maddy's, but not the naturals.
    Yeah, I haven't had but a single encounter with the Padron, but it was a 26 maddy and I almost don't need to smoke a natural, it was that good!
    OchoZacho:
    catfishbluezz:
    Yeah, I haven't had but a single encounter with the Padron, but it was a 26 maddy and I almost don't need to smoke a natural, it was that good!
    Yep, the Padron '26 maduros are the best cigars we have legal access to here in the US. That's my yardstick for determining how "box worthy" any cigar is. One of these days, I'm going to break down and buy a box of the #2 '26 maduros, but I'll probably have a fever when I do it.
    skweekz:
    One was in my pass. .just sayin ;o)
    The Kid:
    skweekz:
    PM to you sir.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    skweekz:
    Haha I know. I saw it in there. It lost out to two others that I wanted to try out. I could've done a third swap in the pass but I didn't wanna be greedy. I'll get around to trying these out sooner or later.