Home General Discussion

time in the humidor

Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
i was given two sticks today from a great friend that he has had in his humidor for 8 years. He smoked one the other day, and told me it was the best cigar he has had in 50 years. this got me thinking what is the longest anyone here has kept a stick in the humidor?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have several from 06 when i started smoking
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I have some from 2008 when I started as well. A couple of them are the Oliva V Maduro which I should probably get around to lighting up soon!
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    My father has some Cohiba Robustos with a little over 20 years on them >_>. For me other than the GoF 06s I have one from 09
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Those V's are going to be great....they are my favoirite smoke!
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    i dont have anything older than a month and a half, about to get in some 5V 'A' that ill set a couple away to see how they do though. It is truly amazing what a couple of months can do to a cigar.
    taythegibs:
    i dont have anything older than a month and a half, about to get in some 5V 'A' that ill set a couple away to see how they do though. It is truly amazing what a couple of months can do to a cigar.
    even more amazing what a few years will do
  • Un_SubUn_Sub Posts: 210
    kuzi16:
    taythegibs:

Are you kidding me? I'm having trouble getting a week on them. Lol
    I want to smoke them all...Now!!!Lol
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Un_Sub:
    kuzi16:
    taythegibs:

Are you kidding me? I'm having trouble getting a week on them. Lol
    I want to smoke them all...Now!!!Lol
    exactly my problem, luckily i dont have many chances with work/school/family so they get a few weeks in the cooler.
  • For me 2 weeks so far, that will go up every every week now.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still pretty new but I've got a few with almost a year on them.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I have some from 2006.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    As far as stuff I bought new 2010. I do have some stuff that is 6+ years old in it now
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I just smoked a 5V A that I got at least 4 years ago. I think I have one left. I wasn't a fan of these but this one is smoking awesome! I also have a monti something or other (maduro in a robusto size that has a paper sleeve on it) from probably around 2006. Have some Forbidden X from 2006 or 2007 and some GoF from 2006. Not sure if this counts but I have some partagas 150s hat I got in I think 2008 but they are a lot older than that.
    i do have things that are older but they have not been in my humidor exclusively.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "oldest" one in my humi has been there 1 yr 11 mo
    After that I have about 10-15 singles with just over 1 yr on them

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kuzi16:
    i do have things that are older but they have not been in my humidor exclusively.
    Kuz, that is because you are the Jedi Master and the rest of us are just Padawan learners. :-)
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Mine top out at about 2 years. I still have a handful of smokes from when I just started out in early 2010.
  • crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    A single solitary 14mo old Anejo.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    The oldest in my humi just turned 11. I'm waiting on those to become teen-agers before I finish them. After that, I have a few Cohibas from 2002, 2004, 06 and 07. I haven't purchased much in over a year, so everything has at least that long on it
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    In my humidor that I put in there right now I have 11 different cigars from November and December 2010. 6 are boxes and the other 5 I have about 8 each. As for the oldest cigar that I may have bought or that was given to me. Well over 8 to 10 years thanks to a couple of BOTL's in the forum.