Home Cigar 101
Options

Help with Cigarillos??

Hey ladies and gents! I am new to the world of cigars. I have enjoyed many cigars over the past few years but have never actually purchased them. That being said, I just dont have the time to enjoy a full cigar anymore. I am looking for a nice brand of cigarillos to start out with. I found the deal for the Erin Go Bragh's  and it got me thinking about choosing a good cigarillo. I have no experience with this other than the cheap gas station brands that I have never actually fully enjoyed. Any help would be appreciated. If there is a thread on this already, please point me in the direction as I searched and could not locate it. I have no humidor, investing in one is a touch out of my price range right now. I have seen the glass jar humidors which seem to be just that, a glass jar with a cheap humidifier. Is this a good option to start out with? I have more mason jars than I can count and would have no problem buying a decent humidifier. Ok this post is getting long. Any help is much appreciated!!

Comments

• Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    i just bought the Erin Go Brah cigarillo/ lighter combo, is that the one you are mentioning? my humidor is a 16 qt coleman cooler with a $5 jar of gel (bought here on Ccom) and a $10 hygrometer from walmart, all in all i spent $20 to have a working Coolidor that can support up to 70 or so cigars with minimal work. if you watch the cigar sprint sell (ccigarsprintsale.com) you can get a decent humidor for something like $20.

i have no experience with any cigarillos other than the ones from the corner store but ive heard good things about the EGB ones, i have little money to spend on cigars so i watch for sells on different brands, and you can often find good deals for under $30 (check out the Ccom label cigars, you can get the sampler for under $20) for what rare occasion you do have time, there are also several brands that put out small sized cigars such as CAO with their Cariocas sized Brazilia (http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=251) which is a cigar i greatly enjoyed

read up on this site and you will find lots of great info but most of all WELCOME! the people here are great!
  • Options
    fapsaussfapsauss Posts: 5
    Hey thanks for the welcome! That is the deal I am referring to. I am going to pull the trigger and buy them. Also, is the gel you are talking about either one of these? http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=M-HUM6
    http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=M-HUM33
    Just wondering so I can add one to my order. I have been reading for the past hour and man, who knew there was so much to enjoying a cigar :)
  • Options
    the second link you posted is the one i got but it doesnt do well without a dozen or two cigars in my cooler since it is made for larger ammounts. ive heard good things about this- http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=M-HUM45 but i haven't had any personal experience with it. i spent probably a good eight hours on reading before i posted for the first time and still made a fool of myself, there is just SO much that goes along with storing and keeping cigars but it is a great hobby.
  • Options
    Haha A LOTTTT of information. I will do a bit more research and see what I cant come up with. Looking up designs on a practical coolidor for my small apartment and seeing what will work best. Thanks again for the info!
  • Options
    Does anyone have any other recommendations?
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    If you're in to coffeeish flavors, the Drew Estate Tabak Especial Short Shot (4x30) is a great little smoke. It is not as infused as the regular Drew Estate lines.
  • Options
    i forgot to mention these >> http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=255 the Partagas Black in the Prontos size, i really enjoyed it but it took about 45 minutes to smoke.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. Was looking for something small for a quick smoke last year. Something quick I could smoke on the way to work. Bought a few Don Pepin Garcia Blue petite coronas. Really like DPG blues, always some in the humi, and these were pretty tastey for a skinny cigar. They did come without cello on them by the way. Bought some tiny Cohiba Red Dots in some tins too, they were good. Don't know if those are cigarellos, or just tiny cigars.

I would suggest you take the time to relax and enjoy the cigar. A corona or robusto only takes about an hour, well worth it my friend.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Have you ever thought about Corona size cigars? They are pretty small and I smoke them fairly quick. 30 min...45 min is pushing it. Maybe get a Corona Sampler to try. If you're gonna grab the humidor jar, you might as well upgrade the cigarillos to coronas. I think you'll be much happier and lose that "cigarette" feeling.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    jr_p951:
    Have you ever thought about Corona size cigars? They are pretty small and I smoke them fairly quick. 30 min...45 min is pushing it. Maybe get a Corona Sampler to try. If you're gonna grab the humidor jar, you might as well upgrade the cigarillos to coronas. I think you'll be much happier and lose that "cigarette" feeling.

+1. I've been loving me some Coronas lately, smokes and tall frosty ones too!
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    H.Upman makes a cigarillo type called the demtasse i believe its a 5 pack and around 6 dollarsish .i bought ahwile ago found them enjoyable for a quick smoke
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    Welcome to the forum. Was looking for something small for a quick smoke last year. Something quick I could smoke on the way to work. Bought a few Don Pepin Garcia Blue petite coronas. Really like DPG blues, always some in the humi, and these were pretty tastey for a skinny cigar. They did come without cello on them by the way. Bought some tiny Cohiba Red Dots in some tins too, they were good. Don't know if those are cigarellos, or just tiny cigars.

I would suggest you take the time to relax and enjoy the cigar. A corona or robusto only takes about an hour, well worth it my friend.
    Love the DPG Blue (original) and the demitasse is nice for a quickie. My favorite cigarillo is the CAO maduro. However, most times I have a cigarillo it leaves me wanting for a real cigar so i usually opt for a petitte corona (4.5" x 44 or so) - 5Vegas has a couple in this size (Miami is particularly good); RP 1990 or 1992 and the Obsidian are also available in this size. These smoke more like a real cigar than a cigarillo IMO but can still be smoked in 30-45 minutes or less depending on how fast you smoke (I'm fairly slow).

Oh yeah, and welcome!
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Origen Originals
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    if i must smoke a short smoke davidoff puro d'oro momentos are nice. if i only have a few minutes i tend to go with avo domaine puritos or arturo fuente cubanitos
  • Options
    Hey thanks for all the recommendations. My Erin Go Bragh's came in today and they arent too shabby, especially for what I paid. I setup my coolidor a few days ago and everything seems to be just right for now. Well I am off to do research on all the the brands you suggested. Thanks again for all the help! I really appreciate it!