Home Ratings & Reviews

Padilla Miami Toro

For some time now I have been wanting to try these after the MANY good discussions and comments on this stick. A while back I did some trades and acquired a good stash. I have let them rest for the better part of 6 months since the trades. Yesterday was warm and after my workout I took the dogs for some exercise time in the field behind my gym. As soon as I held one in hand I thought about how the stick felt solid and well made...flawless smooth wrapper and good weight. All I can say about the flavor is it started up right from the first puff and just never stopped. You know the puff you do to finish lighting the cigar after you've toasted the foot? That puff right then...bang! Instant flavor...just great. No need to let the cigar settle, heat up, or get going it was great from the jump. I will say this was the best cigar I have smoked in a long time...and I have smoked a few. For sure a favorite of mine now. If the rest of those are the same, I am going to have to redo some positioning in the humidor.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Agree 100%. I've got a few resting, and I need to get more. They excel in the toro with little rest, I've heard stories of ones with a year plus...
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    I love these things, got the solemans sleeping!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Thank God someone else likes these as much as I do, I was beginning to think I was the only one. I put these into trades just about all the time to spread the love. They don't get much press around here but man they are great cigars.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Thank God someone else likes these as much as I do, I was beginning to think I was the only one. . They don't get much press around here but man they are great cigars.
    +1
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I hope the Robusto is just as good. got a couple resting for the time being.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Maybe stated elsewhere but are the new Miami rolled versions the same blend just rolled in the us?
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Few years ago Ccom had a weekend blitz on Padilla Miami's. I stocked up, and still have some in my humidor. Been patiently aging since 2009. I think they were still made in Miami at the time. Great sticks, I enjoy them very much.

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    Few years ago Ccom had a weekend blitz on Padilla Miami's. I stocked up, and still have some in my humidor. Been patiently aging since 2009. I think they were still made in Miami at the time. Great sticks, I enjoy them very much.

Wow! Those have gots to be tasty.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    From what I know they r the Same blend just not made in miami. Padilla took control of his blend and it is not produced at DPG factory any longer. I got two boxes of the toro last year when the sister site had buy one get one boxes very nice cigar. Not to offend anybody but I feel this blend is one of the only high rated sticks that really lived up to 94 rating.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I never could notice any difference in flavor when they changed out of the Pepin factory and into Padilla's. I'm curious if there is a flavor change now on the new switch. It's only a matter of time before I find out since I only have 5 or 6 left and will need some more at some point. This blend also does extremely well in the churchill size.
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    I mainly mention the made in Miami line since they just came out with the Miami and 32 that are now made in a Miami factory. These have a new band.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    I think it is.

KingoftheCove:
    Toombes:
    I think it is.

I shall find out on my birthday and report back with my serious rookie review.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    One of my top 3 cigars. Love these sticks!