Home Cigar 101

Cedar Coffins

scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
So I have a bunch of Reconquistas and I was wondering if there was any advantage of storing them in coffin vs out. I am crunched for space.

Comments

• KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I don't beleive there is any advantage other than they're cool looking. Take em out.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    You can take them out. I have a number of coffins for some Limited "A" size cigars. I keep the coffins around because they are great for transporting the cigars or gifting them, but the sticks are on the humi (which is cedar lined anyway) without the coffins.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I bet Paul could make a killer unique clock out of those boxes.
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Posts: 729
    jr_p951:
    Imagine that, a pocket cigar box watch.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    jasonusa1:
    jr_p951:
    Imagine that, a pocket cigar box watch.
    i have a box of Erin Go Bragh Cigarillos that i want to turn into a clock, it just depends on if the mechanisms i have will fit.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Don't want to scare you, and I'm sure this isn't always the results. If your temps and rh are always in check, there shouldn't be a problem either way, but remember this thread?

Cedar Sleeves, Tubos, and Coffin Warning....
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CvilleE:
    Don't want to scare you, and I'm sure this isn't always the results. If your temps and rh are always in check, there shouldn't be a problem either way, but remember this thread?

Yup I don't leave it to chance anymore. There was that one week when quite a few people discovered mold like that.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    CvilleE:

Yup I don't leave it to chance anymore. There was that one week when quite a few people discovered mold like that.

That settles it for me. Anybody need a Recon coffin? Cheap...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i leave everything that comes in a tube, in the tube; everything that comes in a coffin, in the coffin, and everything with cedar sleeves, in the cedar sleeves.

i have not had a single problem.

i also feel that the manufacturers put them in there for a reason. sometimes its for taste and sometimes its purely for effect. i like to have the desired effect.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i leave everything that comes in a tube, in the tube; everything that comes in a coffin, in the coffin, and everything with cedar sleeves, in the cedar sleeves.

i also feel that the manufacturers put them in there for a reason. sometimes its for taste and sometimes its purely for effect. i like to have the desired effect.
    +1. I buy into the school of though that if you keep your temp and rH under control you shouldnt have any problems, no matter how they're packaged.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully I won't have to worry about this when I get my "trunkidor" up and running and pass the lowly 40ct on to a deserving newb...
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    kuzi16:

This. Temp never above 68, rh never above 65. No worries, and my AF Sungrowns have a beautiful cedar aroma.