Home Cigar 101

Travel cases

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
Just curious about the 3 finger cases, leather cases etc. Do they need humidification? I only have a 5 ct. herf (thanks goldy), and it is somewhat cumbersome to carry around and would like something that can slip into my pocket.

Comments

• SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    Depends on how long the cigars will be in them. I carry a 3 finger case at times if I'm going out for the day, or at most, going somewhere overnight and know I won't have the opportunity to smoke more than 3 cigars. Other than that, in the spring and summer when the humidity is higher, a couple of days isn't bad, but in the winter, I won't do more than one day without my 15 count because the weather is so dry here.
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    deejmemixx:
    Just curious about the 3 finger cases, leather cases etc. Do they need humidification? I only have a 5 ct. herf (thanks goldy), and it is somewhat cumbersome to carry around and would like something that can slip into my pocket.
    i keep my leather 3 finger case in my jacket pocket when i dont feel like holding onto the 5ct. generaly they dont spend more than 8 hours in there. i have never put any form of humidification in mine.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess that more than a day I'd probably take a ziplock bag with a water pillow to put them in at night.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I use one all the time and just change out the cigars everyday or every other and I've never had an issue with any of them
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    just switch to a 5 ct herf-a-dor. they seaql so tightly you do not need humidification for any time less than two weeks
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    kuzi16:
    just switch to a 5 ct herf-a-dor. they seaql so tightly you do not need humidification for any time less than two weeks
    My issue with my 5 ct herfador is the fact it's bulky. The 3 finger I can easily put into the inside chest pocket on my jacket, or in the side pouch on my work bag, or even in my pocket if I'm walking into a bar. This is totally a personal preference just giving my .02 on why I carry my 3 finger leather case over my 5 ct herfador. I love my 5 ct and it's perfect for fishing or anything really but when it comes to carrying something on a daily basis I love the compact size of a 3 ct leather case
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a leather 3 finger case, lined with cedar. Its awesome! Great for carrying a few to work. I keep it stored open in my humidor to get the humidity up in it, and to try and get a good cedar smell in it. It still smells a little like a leather glove on the inside, and it does make cigars smell a little leathery. No change in taste that I've noticed. I do hope some of the leather smell wears off though, I'm sure it will. Never had a problem with cigars drying out in it, it seems to keep em sealed pretty well
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    kuzi16:
    My issue with my 5 ct herfador is the fact it's bulky. The 3 finger I can easily put into the inside chest pocket on my jacket, or in the side pouch on my work bag, or even in my pocket if I'm walking into a bar. This is totally a personal preference just giving my .02 on why I carry my 3 finger leather case over my 5 ct herfador. I love my 5 ct and it's perfect for fishing or anything really but when it comes to carrying something on a daily basis I love the compact size of a 3 ct leather case
    agreed, the 5 ct is awesome but bulky and awkward to carry around. I will have to shop around for a 3 finger or even a solo holder.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I have the Diesel 2 finger leather case, and use it all the time when I go out for the evening. I wouldn't use it to hold cigars for longer than a day though.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    The case I end up using on a consistent basis not that I go very far is a M&M mini's tube. It gets me out of the house with my cigar in one piece. Due to it being plastic it's not a great choice for long periods but it is water proof and it will hold a 6x60 stick which I have yet to find a case that does. I guess you could put a cedar sheeth in there from a metal tubo it would be like a mini coolidor.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Gaetano7890:
    The case I end up using on a consistent basis not that I go very far is a M&M mini's tube. It gets me out of the house with my cigar in one piece. Due to it being plastic it's not a great choice for long periods but it is water proof and it will hold a 6x60 stick which I have yet to find a case that does. I guess you could put a cedar sheeth in there from a metal tubo it would be like a mini coolidor.
    Huh,that's thinking outside the box!