Home Cigar 101
Options

Agerage size of a cigar box.

I am still in the planning stages of building my humidor and I need to ask a little bit of info from the guys with some boxes laying around. I am still new to cigars and I have finally found some cigars that I would consider buying a couple boxes and I want to be prepared with a suitable humidor. So I was wondering what the average dimensions of a box of coronas would be. I know that some come with trim and all sorts of crap on the outside, but I'm talking about just regular flip top boxes. Maybe If I could get dimensions for some other popular sizes as well then that would be awesome. I hope to start working on the outer case for a couple hours each morning before work so I need to pin down the final dimensions. I wont be able to make it to a cigar shop to take measurements for at least a week and I don't know if I can wait that long to get going on this. Thanks guys in advance.

Comments

• Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    Boxes come in all shapes and sizes depending on the manufacturer. Do you have a particular brand that you frequent in mind? You may be better off looking up humidor size and specs online to determine a good size to base your plans upon.
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    the only boxes I have that are similar in shape/size are doubles of the same cigar. there is no standard. the only standard you could hope for is 99% of the time they wont be wider than the length of a churchill.