Home Cigar 101

Need some Input.

RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
The time has come to invest in a cooler. I knew the day would come but the issue I'm having is make/model. I have been looking around for some time now and nothing has caught my eye as of yet. I would like to have some feed back on some make/models/part numbers of some that have been working out well.

On another note, I have been seeing the use of empty cigar boxes that appears to have the lids removed. I was wondering what brand, size would work best for storage. Seen some great setups but just want to do this one time and do it right.

Thanks brothers!

Comments

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Considering the company we keep, after I get my trunkidor set up I'm thinking about finding a small refrigerator or a chest type freezer to use. It's already airtight and has handy-dandy shelving already installed. Bonus!
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    Considering the company we keep, after I get my trunkidor set up I'm thinking about finding a small refrigerator or a chest type freezer to use. It's already airtight and has handy-dandy shelving already installed. Bonus!
    You mean like this?

• RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    skweekz:
    Toombes:
    You mean like this?

whoa...make and model number of that one skweekz? love the lock you installed. :D
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    Toombes:
    You mean like this?

DAMMIT!! Idea thief! That's freaking awesome, bro! Exactly what I had in mind.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice setup! Is that 2 units stacked up? Good job.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Nice setup! Is that 2 units stacked up? Good job.
    Indeed it is! The locks were needed to keep a 15 month old out. Lessons learned include cigar boxes don't make good blocks and a Ruination can indeed stand the torture and wrath of a toddler
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    I bought this one and love it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G64I1A/ref=oh_o00_s00_i01_details

I'd get it now - I have never seen it this cheap - $36??!! with free shipping - buy two!!
    That is not a bad price for that cooler. Looks like Ill have to decide what to do here and fast. Thanks for all the feed back gents :D
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    I bought this one and love it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G64I1A/ref=oh_o00_s00_i01_details

I'd get it now - I have never seen it this cheap - $36??!! with free shipping - buy two!!
    You know...i needed a new cooler....damnit...
  • KevinFittsKevinFitts Posts: 225
    Now thats a cool coolidor!!!!!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, do the lids REALLY need to be taken off when placed in the coolidor, or is it more for storage/asthetic issues that it most do it?
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    RampMonkey:
    The time has come to invest in a cooler. I knew the day would come but the issue I'm having is make/model. I have been looking around for some time now and nothing has caught my eye as of yet. I would like to have some feed back on some make/models/part numbers of some that have been working out well.

On another note, I have been seeing the use of empty cigar boxes that appears to have the lids removed. I was wondering what brand, size would work best for storage. Seen some great setups but just want to do this one time and do it right.

Thanks brothers!
    I don't know how much storage you need, but I just got a Coleman 78 qt. Should serve my purposes...for awhile, anyway.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    all my sticks would fit in the door of that thing.
    y2pascoe:
    RampMonkey:

Thanks brothers!
    I don't know how much storage you need, but I just got a Coleman 78 qt. Should serve my purposes...for awhile, anyway.

I have been looking at the Coleman Extreme that King had posted. For the price it would be a great starting point. Super inexpensive. Just need to free up some space in the humies but for the most part just need storage.

As for lids on or off...I would have to say its a personal preference. I could see having the lids off to allow your fan to circulate the r/h about. With the lids on though your sticks have more protection from mishaps or excess weight. Just my.02 Brett.