Home Ratings & Reviews

DPG is a pimp

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
And I am his man ****... So far in my noob experience, every DPG has been excellent and embodied what I want from a cigar. Tonight, my first black with water and a bit of Swiss chocolate...beauty I tell ya! I've had the MF, Bijou, and tat havana so far...can't wait to explore his catalog. So...all you DPG whores give this rookie some suggestions. I have some reloba yellow and red, the blue, and the Jaime reserva. Looking at kj barrio and the 15th, but am interested in all his pimp hand has to offer.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    And I have a tat fausto and 7th reserva from Zach, and 2003 cojonu
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the DPG blue label is what i consider to be his "classic" cigar. thats one of my favorite DPGs
    Have not had it yet, but put them in the humi a week or so ago. I am really looking forward to it, but I heard with age they excel. I fugre after the first if I like it, I'll grab a 10. Specifially if anyone can discuss what vitola's, that would help too. So far, I've been all over his robusto's and they all seem to hit hard up with a signature spice, mellow out in the 2nd, then smack you around with some leather in the end. Honestly...they make me smoke slow.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    I love everything he does as well. The San Cristobal line is a favorite of mine. The Fausto is my favorite full-bodied stick at the moment.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Have not had it yet, but put them in the humi a week or so ago. I am really looking forward to it, but I heard with age they excel. I fugre after the first if I like it, I'll grab a 10. Specifially if anyone can discuss what vitola's, that would help too. So far, I've been all over his robusto's and they all seem to hit hard up with a signature spice, mellow out in the 2nd, then smack you around with some leather in the end. Honestly...they make me smoke slow.
    The Blue toros can usually be had at a pretty good price, they start to shine at about 18 months and just get better. The lanceros are very good as well. If you want a spicy little sumbitch, check out the preferidos...if you're a petit corona fan. Bottom line is that all the sizes are good, but for different reasons. On the whole, I think the exquisito is the best of them, a corona gorda that ties together what I like about the PC and the toro, the most well rounded of the bunch that I've had.
    j0z3r:
    catfishbluezz:
    The Blue toros can usually be had at a pretty good price, they start to shine at about 18 months and just get better. The lanceros are very good as well. If you want a spicy little sumbitch, check out the preferidos...if you're a petit corona fan. Bottom line is that all the sizes are good, but for different reasons. On the whole, I think the exquisito is the best of them, a corona gorda that ties together what I like about the PC and the toro, the most well rounded of the bunch that I've had.
    I have yet to have the blue, but I have a toro gifted to me from Greg and a few robusto's. Just had the Reloba red last night nad it was fantastic. The flavor profile was not the best, but the burn/draw was excellent and the DPG spice was there, yet not overwhleming. I am going to order some, and look at the 601 red as I recently got the 601 blue.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    And I am his man ****... So far in my noob experience, every DPG has been excellent and embodied what I want from a cigar. Tonight, my first black with water and a bit of Swiss chocolate...beauty I tell ya! I've had the MF, Bijou, and tat havana so far...can't wait to explore his catalog. So...all you DPG whores give this rookie some suggestions. I have some reloba yellow and red, the blue, and the Jaime reserva. Looking at kj barrio and the 15th, but am interested in all his pimp hand has to offer.

Always some DPG Blues in my humi, given your name go with the classic blues.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    "DPG is a pimp", yeah he is! I have yet to smoke a DPG that wasn't good even if it was not my flavor profile favorite. The Series JJ is the one that "put me on the street"
    fla-gypsy:
    "DPG is a pimp", yeah he is! I have yet to smoke a DPG that wasn't good even if it was not my flavor profile favorite. The Series JJ is the one that "put me on the street"
    Been eyeing those on the SS..........
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    every time i read the title of this thread i think "well, DUH!!"
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    kuzi16:
    +1
    OchoZacho:
    kuzi16:
    +1
    I'm so afraid to try that 7th reserva......
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    catfishbluezz:
    Tonight, my first black with water and a bit of Swiss chocolate...
    When you say "the black", do you mean the DPG Cuban Classic? If not, you definitely need to give one of them a whirl... ton of smoke, good spice, excellent draw. I suggest trying it in the 1979 (robusto) size.

• OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    catfishbluezz:
    OchoZacho:
    kuzi16:
    +1
    I'm so afraid to try that 7th reserva......
    Don't be afraid of it, you guys will be good friends!
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I love most of his stuff Id suggest trying all the the 601's the 601 Green robusto is a personal fav, I also like the jj serie maduro,,Hell I love most of his stuff!! (guess I already said that) I didnt care too much for the cuban classic,only had one so not enough to know for sure, Two Pete Johnson and DPG collaberations Im really fond of are the La Riqueza no 3 or 4 and the Cabaiguan/ Cabaiguan Guapos...ANother I may suggest is the Murcielago
    edit
    Wanted to also mention the tat Havana VI, The San cristobal, the Blue original, Cubao, Tobacco Baez,,man the list just goes on and on.. I just checked the samplers that ccom is offering and unfortunately I counted 5 DPG samplers that are sold out!!!
    The Sniper:
    catfishbluezz:
    Tonight, my first black with water and a bit of Swiss chocolate...
    When you say "the black", do you mean the DPG Cuban Classic? If not, you definitely need to give one of them a whirl... ton of smoke, good spice, excellent draw. I suggest trying it in the 1979 (robusto) size.

yup...and I got the 79's...excellent
    The Kid:
    I love most of his stuff Id suggest trying all the the 601's the 601 Green robusto is a personal fav, I also like the jj serie maduro,,Hell I love most of his stuff!! (guess I already said that) I didnt care too much for the cuban classic,only had one so not enough to know for sure, Two Pete Johnson and DPG collaberations Im really fond of are the La Riqueza no 3 or 4 and the Cabaiguan/ Cabaiguan Guapos...ANother I may suggest is the Murcielago
    edit
    Wanted to also mention the tat Havana VI, The San cristobal, the Blue original, Cubao, Tobacco Baez,,man the list just goes on and on.. I just checked the samplers that ccom is offering and unfortunately I counted 5 DPG samplers that are sold out!!!
    The 601 is on y list... Just had the mi Barrio torpedo tonight and it ruled!!! The rest you mentioned are either in the humi, or on the list.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    I used to stock mostly 601s in my humi for a long time. Sad to say in all honesty they just arent the same anymore. DPG is still my favorite blender. Except for maybe Lito Gomez. Having a Mi Barrio rite now better get whats left cause they will be gone for good.
    gaberox:
    Having a Mi Barrio rite now better get whats left cause they will be gone for good.
    Now why did you have to go and say that???? Good thing I have a new cooler with room for a box...