Home Ratings & Reviews

Mac Maduro

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
I know there isn't alot of Macanudo fans on here, but I have to tell you guys about this cigar I had. I bought a box of Mac maduros churchills back in late 2008 when I first started out smoking cigars. I split the box w/ JZ (5 each) and I've had 3 of them aging in my humi since. Well, I decided to smoke one of them last night and I have to say the humi time def did some good for the cigar. Very smooth with the classic sweetness of a maduro wrapper now mixed w/ cedar notes. No doubt due to the time in the humidor. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought it would. Macs are usually kinda bland for my tastes now, but I think this cigar picked up some more flavors over the years, maybe do to some marrying between sticks, cedar. It was a nice touch. Paired it with Jack Daniels Honey whiskey.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Sounds spectacular. I've only had the Cru Royale, but couldn't pair it with a frosty adult beverage since I was driving. I'll have another one someday...
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    The Mac Vintage Maduro 1997 is rather good when it gets some time on it, I smoke it for a change of pace from full bodied.. I think it is a mild-medium, but it has some flavor, plus the stainless steel band is kindof cool.
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    ShotgunJohn:
    The Mac Vintage Maduro 1997 is rather good when it gets some time on it, I smoke it for a change of pace from full bodied.. I think it is a mild-medium, but it has some flavor, plus the stainless steel band is kindof cool.
    The 1997 Maduro is one of my top 5 sticks and 2nd best maduro. Super smooth, good flavor, and doesn't kick my butt. Great cigar.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    One of my fav's right now is the Mac Media Noche. Yummmmie all the way around.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    Stupid double post..................Well, it is the first of the double post but you all know what I mean, lol
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    Brett, is that a Mac or are you thinking or the Montecristo Media Noche? I love the Monte one, especially with about a year on it.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    firetruckguy:
    Brett, is that a Mac or are you thinking or the Montecristo Media Noche? I love the Monte one, especially with about a year on it.
    You are correct my friend, thanks for having my back. Now for another beer........