Home Cigar 101

Sign of a good humidor?

JZerbyJZerby Posts: 122
I have a small desktop humidor, as I don't smoke very often so I don't keep very many cigars around. The local tobacconist shop is really close, so, normally, I just buy one when I want one. I was seasoning the humidor when I got it with the Boveda seasoning, and the humidity stopped at around 70%. It stayed there for days. So I put a few cigars in and threw in the 75% packs and it still sits right around 70. My hygro is accurate and everything. I know this is a good humidity for the cigars, so it doesn't concern me. But I was wondering if this is a sign of a good humidor or is it just a fluke and I got lucky?

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as the humidity isn't dropping, I'd say you're good! Sounds like your box is doing its job. Before your purchase, did you check stuff like how solid it feels, no janky hinges or anything, good seal on the lid and listening for a whoosh when you close it? That's some of what I'd check real quick, just to make sure its quality stuff.

May be possible that the wood or cigars are sucking up some moisture still, and not letting the humi get to equilibrium of 75 ( since the 75 packs are in it)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Sounds like its working fine to me .
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Sounds like its doing what it was intended to do. Grats on the new humi...now start looking for a cooler. :D
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Any full humidor is a good humidor ; )