Home Ratings & Reviews

Liga #9 Toro

Bought a box last year to celebrate an important milestone. I smoked my second from the box today and must say thus far I like them but they are not blowing me out of the water like I thought they would.

Comments

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    That blows. I've always heard good things about them, but tastes and opinions differ from person to person. I suppose I'll have to scrounge a couple up and decide for myself.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    If you want to trade a fe shoot me a pm
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Smoked a T52 toro tonight and I wasnt impressed either..
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know if you brothers are interested in trading them off.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Well then, let's haggle if'n yer interested.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I too would like to engage in this haggle
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    I think alot of people want in on this. Lol. I personally love LP no.9 and T52.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    I think alot of people want in on this. Lol. I personally love LP no.9 and T52.
    +1
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • DrfredtxDrfredtx Posts: 2
    Have any of you run into construction problems with the LPs? I bought a fiver of the T52 toros and 3 of the 5 have had a hole running down the middle like it was rolled on a rod. Love the flavors but will think twice before I buy any more.
    Fred
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    The last cigar I smoked, or tried to, was a no.9 toro that was plugged worse than any other cigar I've ever had. Big let down as it was my first no.9. Loved all other Liga stuff I've had though. The Undercrown is one of my new fav's!
  • KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    with age, they lose alot of their sweetness and become a blend of coffee and leather and not much else. When they are fresh and oily... I could eat them for breakfast! Maple syrup flavors or something are always a huge taste i get from them, along with a really nice chocolate and fresh roast coffee.

Mine are now close to 3 years old i think and they arent getting any better, which bums me out. the T52s are way smoother, but not the lp9.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Krieger:
    with age, they lose alot of their sweetness and become a blend of coffee and leather and not much else. When they are fresh and oily... I could eat them for breakfast! Maple syrup flavors or something are always a huge taste i get from them, along with a really nice chocolate and fresh roast coffee.

Mine are now close to 3 years old i think and they arent getting any better, which bums me out. the T52s are way smoother, but not the lp9.
    I have read LP No.9 lose something with age & T52 get better with age.
  • KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    pretty much. like I said, fresh the lp9 might just be my favorite. But after sitting on them so long and letting them get aged up... I kinda wish I'd just smoked em all in the first few months. lol
    I smoked a lp9 beli tonight and it was great,,picked this one up from Bombay around 6 month ago.. no burn problems at all,, Best lp ive smoked to date
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    The Kid:
    I smoked a lp9 beli tonight and it was great,,picked this one up from Bombay around 6 month ago.. no burn problems at all,, Best lp ive smoked to date
    Did you have A LOT of smoke? I just had one and dang, great stick
    scarlin:
    The Kid:
    no not an inordinate amount,, think the undercrown put out more smoke than this one did , the stick that ive seen put out crazy smoke is the gurkha beast...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    The Kid:
    i kinda go into this "smoke issue" a bit in my review of the Ratzilla Prototype that i did in my catalog.

here is the excerpt from that review (the link is to the full review):
    Kuzi's Cigar Catalog:
    The amount of smoke that that this cigar puts out is nothing short of amazing. This can be attributed to a few things:

1) the amount of oils in the cigar. As described above, the harvesting and curing process creates a oily base for the rest of the cigar to build on. The leaves are thick and oily before fermentation. During the fermentation of these cigars DE introduces more oils to the mix by using a mojo to wet the leaves from water that has been steeped in tobacco stems of black tobacco and water.

2) The cigars are blended not only for flavor, but for slow, smokey combustion not just as a unit, but as each leaf in relation to the other leaves in the blend.

3) The density of the bunch. This (according to Saka) is the biggest reason for the huge amount of smoke.

Though I do not doubt Saka in any way that this is a huge factor in the amount of smoke that is let off, I tend to think that the oils play a larger roll than the bunching style. There are many cigars out there that are packed very tightly that do not produce the amount of smoke that this cigar (and most LPs) does (do). However there are not many cigar that have the oily texture that this cigar does but do not billow out smoke like this one does.
    i hope that helps a bit.
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    kuzi16:
    scarlin:
    The Kid:
    i kinda go into this "smoke issue" a bit in my review of the Ratzilla Prototype that i did in my catalog.

here is the excerpt from that review (the link is to the full review):
    Kuzi's Cigar Catalog:
    The amount of smoke that that this cigar puts out is nothing short of amazing. This can be attributed to a few things:

1) the amount of oils in the cigar. As described above, the harvesting and curing process creates a oily base for the rest of the cigar to build on. The leaves are thick and oily before fermentation. During the fermentation of these cigars DE introduces more oils to the mix by using a mojo to wet the leaves from water that has been steeped in tobacco stems of black tobacco and water.

2) The cigars are blended not only for flavor, but for slow, smokey combustion not just as a unit, but as each leaf in relation to the other leaves in the blend.

3) The density of the bunch. This (according to Saka) is the biggest reason for the huge amount of smoke.

Though I do not doubt Saka in any way that this is a huge factor in the amount of smoke that is let off, I tend to think that the oils play a larger roll than the bunching style. There are many cigars out there that are packed very tightly that do not produce the amount of smoke that this cigar (and most LPs) does (do). However there are not many cigar that have the oily texture that this cigar does but do not billow out smoke like this one does.
    i hope that helps a bit.
    interesting. the ffp that i smoked a few weeks back put out so much smoke it almost made me want to stop smoking it. but the flavors were great
    Smoking a robusto ROTT...I love these cigars honestly. For some reason these 9's, the MUWAT and the Black Markets are really appealing to me as of late. I am interested in more maduro's that have the sweet smooth medium profile. It seems like to me as going from noob->BORK I find maduro's are either smooth and sweet, or ungodly overpowering. Suggestions from any of the brothers would be great. The Tempus, EPC, and Jaime all did not float my boat, but the Jaime was decent and I think I could handle it with rest. I've always been a fan of the Padron maddy's too, just not the large ring gauges.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Smoking a no. 9 toro right now and absolutely loving it.
    OchoZacho:
    Smoking a no. 9 toro right now and absolutely loving it.
    They nub with ease.......all teh way down they stay consistent which is why I like teh 9 and 52's. I can see the aging potential in the 52 as they have a little bit more zip, but the 9/Uzi is smooth to the nub....AMAZING
    Wait a minute.......is your hiatus over????? Or did you break lol