Home Ratings & Reviews

5 Vegas Gold

I am sitting here tapping away on the computer drinking a cup of coffee and smoking a 5 Vegas Gold (gold label) and let me say this is one good cigar! Very smooth and aromatic, pleasant after taste. I reccomend this ciger to anyone new to cigars (like myself). Thanks for your time. Robert

"Happiness is a long ash".

Comments

• tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    5 vegas is a great line....the Classic is the best one IMO.....yesterday cigar.com had a great deal..6 gold, 6 classic, $25...
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    5 Vegas Gold is my favorite mild cigar, and my favorite Connecticut-wrapped cigar.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    5 Vegas Gold is my favorite mild cigar, and my favorite Connecticut-wrapped cigar.
    i think i could get on board with that.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    dutyje:
    so far I would say this is the way I feel too. I do like the gurkha turk a bit more. both great cigars.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have to say that I am not a big fan of connecticut wrappers but I did thuroughly enjoy this one.
    rwheelwright:
    I have to say that I am not a big fan of connecticut wrappers but I did thuroughly enjoy this one.
    ..maybe they just don't like you =p
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    dutyje:
    so far I would say this is the way I feel too. I do like the gurkha turk a bit more. both great cigars.
    Haven't had the Turk.. There are actually very few Connecticut-wrapped cigars that I actually enjoy.
    I would say that if you like the gold you'll like the turk. I think the turk has more complex flavor.
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    ..maybe they just don't like you =p
    That could be it too.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I love this line, but I'm down to my last Classic and my last 3 Golds, going to be a sad day when I run out. Oddly enough I think that the CAO Gold or the Nub Connie might be my favorite connecticut wrapped stogies.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Better than Nub Conn?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Better than Nub Conn?
    I definately think the 5 Vegas Gold is better than the Nub. The only Conny I can think of that may be better IMO is the Gurkha Symphony, but then I haven't had the Turk yet.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Better than Nub Conn?
    i think the nub is better IMHO
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246

rwheelwright:

Same idea here.  I used to really enjoy dominican connecticuts, but now....its so bland and basic that im bored with it after the first inch.  I think vegas nailed the trick in that it benefits in the fact that that their connecticut is primarily composed with honduran filler, which keeps it exciting enough to enjoy, while still being mild-mannered.

I mean, look at the ghurka symphony, another mild mannered winner, connecticut with nicaraguan/dom filler.  I think the takeaway is that milds that still offer a bang for your buck include some honduran or nicaraguan blend in their sticks.  I think some of the old established D.R. companies should consider that fact.

Hey Vidarien, I would ask where the Connie wrapper was grown. I'm guessing Ecuador on the ones I've liked the best. Haven't had the Nub Connie yet, but probably will within the next week or so. It's just sitting in there on top, looking at me every time I walk by :)
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I didn't care for the Nub Conn at all. There are several Connies I like -- some a great deal -- but the Nub isn't one of them. I'd take the 5 Vegas Gold.
  • brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    I've only had the Churchill of the 5 Vegas Gold and was disappointed. I found it to be bland and nearly flavorless. I've been told that the smaller sticks such as the robusto and nugget are better. I recently got a nugget in a trade and looking forward to trying it.
    I just lit up the Nub Connie torpedo tonight, and I would like to revise my vote. THIS is now my favorite Connecticut-wrapped cigar. The flavor was all there, and so unbelievably smooth.. like smoking butter.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    I just lit up the Nub Connie torpedo tonight, and I would like to revise my vote. THIS is now my favorite Connecticut-wrapped cigar. The flavor was all there, and so unbelievably smooth.. like smoking butter.
    I thought you said a week.. Time flies when you get a cigar on your mind.
    I thought I said "within the next week" .. but I'm too lazy to check. My selection was based on my plans for the evening, which actually didn't include a cigar until I was presented with the opportunity and my wife was in a really (REALLY) bad mood. So I got out of the house and went across the street for a smoke. My neighbor was smoking a Nub Habano 464, so I figured I'd spend one that would last the same amount of time. Decision made. It was among the few on the top of my "next up" list, so it got the nod. There's actually a whole process behind these decisions. For some reason, like when I read a restaurant menu, I am almost always able to make the perfect choice for my tastes at that moment. It's one of my finer (only?) talents.

EDIT: I said it right on this page. My quote was correct. Unlike a politician, I'll stand by my word ;)
  • brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    I just finished a 5 Vegas Nugget that I received a few days ago in a trade. They are alot better than the Churchill. It had alot more flavor than I remember from the churchill.
    dutyje:
    I thought I said "within the next week" .. but I'm too lazy to check. My selection was based on my plans for the evening, which actually didn't include a cigar until I was presented with the opportunity and my wife was in a really (REALLY) bad mood. So I got out of the house and went across the street for a smoke. My neighbor was smoking a Nub Habano 464, so I figured I'd spend one that would last the same amount of time. Decision made. It was among the few on the top of my "next up" list, so it got the nod. There's actually a whole process behind these decisions. For some reason, like when I read a restaurant menu, I am almost always able to make the perfect choice for my tastes at that moment. It's one of my finer (only?) talents.

EDIT: I said it right on this page. My quote was correct. Unlike a politician, I'll stand by my word ;)
    wow that's a long description. from now on you need to be specific down to he second! or Kas will call you out ...again.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    dutyje:

wow that's a long description. from now on you need to be specific down to he second! or Kas will call you out ...again.
    Oh stop it 'da boat'a use guys. I was just surprised that Mr. duty would get to it in the very earliest stages of " some time within the next week"
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    brc81:
    I just finished a 5 Vegas Nugget that I received a few days ago in a trade. They are alot better than the Churchill. It had alot more flavor than I remember from the churchill.

My wife just smoked a 5 Vegas Nugget tonight. I managed to get a few draws off of it too. Very smooth and more flavor then I remember in the larger sizes as well. I think I will be getting a box of these.
    The wife really liked it so she is more likely to sit and have a cigar with me, sometimes.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    brc81:

My wife just smoked a 5 Vegas Nugget tonight. I managed to get a few draws off of it too. Very smooth and more flavor then I remember in the larger sizes as well. I think I will be getting a box of these.
    The wife really liked it so she is more likely to sit and have a cigar with me, sometimes.

I remember this link before - something 'bout you being in the garage and wife taking a tug of your stogie... Whatever she likes - do it... Nugget over churchill - hmmmmm
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Tumbler:
    laker1963:
    brc81:

I remember this link before - something 'bout you being in the garage and wife taking a tug of your stogie... Whatever she likes - do it... Nugget over churchill - hmmmmm

LMAO OH thanks Tumbler... so we are going to go there again are we ?
    Soon, due to the weather, I will be back outside smoking, so I better let her tug on it now, cause the neighbours complain when we do that in the backyard. Go figure :)
  • SmokeRingSmokeRing Posts: 61
    The 5V Gold is a decent smoke if you like mild cigars and the price is pretty decent too. I tend to favor the Classic and the "A". I need to try a Miami.
  • tedescotedesco Posts: 22

I really enjoyed this one from 5 vegas but the relic and cask strength are my favorites

I'd like to try both of those...
    phobicsquirrel:
    I'd like to try both of those...
    Have you had the Cask Strength II?